Grey Power Meeting

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by jimnz
    on

Here in NZ, we have an advocacy group for over 55 year old folk called Grey Power. Today, in the city of Palmerston North – where I live – the subject of the monthly Grey Power meeting was Diabetes.
    There was a Power Point presentation by a Diabetes Nurse Practitioner who is employed by one of the local GP’s. At the conclusion of her talk – during question time, I shared with the group (of around 70 or so), my experiences over the last 10 weeks on Michael Mosley’s diet.
    I explained how I had heard an interview on Radio New Zealand with Dr Mosley. That prompted me to purchase the book.
    Over the past 10 weeks, I have managed to lose 11.7 kg and drop my HBA1C score to 40. Not only did the Nurse Practitioner know of Michael’s book – she had read it – but all the other medical personnel there were fully supportive of my approach.
    I had printed off a list of url links to:
    Dr Sarah Hallberg’s TEDx talk from Purdue University,
    Dr Michael Mosley’ SBS interview from Australia,
    Diet Doctor’s low carb meal suggestions.
    I handed these out to those interested, and also gave several people the title of Michael’s Blood Sugar Diet Book.
    It was a well received meeting.

Jim

• posted by Switzerland
    on

Hi jimnz,

How refreshing. It’s great to read that the message is getting out there. Well done for being so well prepared that you had the url links!

• posted by Bill1954
    on

Wow jimnz, you’re on a one person crusade down there
    It appears that your professionals are a lot more enlightened than those in the uK when it comes to low carb eating. Now it has to go public and it’s people like you who will get the attention simply because of your results.
    Well done and keep it up.

Please log in or register to post a reply.