Greetings from Belly be gone! ( I should have used that as my user name)

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by msfoodie
    on

Hello to all of those in fast 800.
    I have been diagnosed as insulin resistant with blood sugar in the pre-diabetic range. I have lost 8kg’s by following a low GI diet and regular exercise which is just the beginning. Already my blood sugar has improved but I still have significant cm’s to erase as well as kg’s to lose. My doctor described me as deceiving as I am tall but my waist tells a different story, in a nutshell she said I was abdominally obese…OUCH! Painful but true. No point having a great set of legs if you don’t have the ABS to match!! LOL. However, I do know this is not a laughing matter. My father is an insulin dependent type 1 diabetic after having been type 2. You wouldn’t classify him as obese or overweight but he is slowly going blind and has poor circulation. I seem to take after him being an apple type body shape and if I don’t get my waistline under control I will be facing the same health issues down the track. I have managed to reduce my waistline which has pleased my GP but after having read Dr. Moseley’s book I believe i will become even more successful at whittling down my belly. My GP has been great in allowing me to tackle this without rushing to put me on medication. I have my next blood test and weight check in 4 weeks and will commit to the plan to prove that it can work. I have to admit I was shocked when I stepped on the scale but more shocked and concerned by my blood sugar results. Already others have noticed an improvement but at least I can now use my blood sugar as an excuse to avoid treats handed out at morning tea. People seem to take you more seriously if you say…no thank you I have high blood sugar, instead of I am trying to be good. When you rephrase it as a blood sugar issue then very rarely does someone say go on just have one. funny that isn’t it? Diet sabotage!
    I am now planning my assault on the fast 800. I rationalized that if i joined the forums then it would certainly make me accountable and motivated. One day at a time, it seems a little daunting but seeing I have never been a breakfast person. I plan to do two meals and a snack if need be based on the low GI principles I have been following with real food, fresh and in season. I have already tried the 5:2 approach and found it easier than I imagined. My priority is melting away my belly fat and getting back into my jeans instead of jeggings, lol, nothing like a bit of elastic to keep one in denial. We are all pretty big foodies in my family as my sister is a chef and my mum an awesome cook so I am happy to share recipes as well. Thank you for reading.
    Cheers from Australia.

• posted by charliebee38
    on

You’ve done really well to get to where you have done! Keep it up!

Please log in or register to post a reply.