Got the Book & the Will…..

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Carmella
    on

Just missing an online shopping list. Does anyone have one starting W1?

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Best thing to do is to make up your own. Go through the recipes and/or the menu plans, decide what you are going to eat and make a list. I always have lots of veg on my list so spinach, courgette, cauliflower, red pappers, spring onions, mushrooms are my go to veg. Also have you got some rapeseed oil (for cooking) and olive oil for dressings. Plenty of eggs, fish, chicken and some cheese. Full fat Greek yoghurt, almond milk, some nuts like almonds and pistachio, careful with cashews they are higher calories, good for nibbles but again, watch the calories. Fresh or frozen berries to have on your yoghurt.

Hope that starts you off. Good luck.

on

Forgot to mention butter, no margarine as it contains 16 separate chemicals and absolutely NO low fat alternative, same as margarine, only they add sugar to make low fat taste better. Fat as in good fats are allowed here.

• posted by Carmella
    on

Thanks for all the advice. I’m stocked up with the basics as the book suggests (I’ve even invested in storage jars & labelling!)

It’s my shopping list app only works once so I’m rewriting each time or scribbling out bits of paper list😏

I suppose I’m asking for the work to be done so I, and others, can use it.

#digitalslave

on

App, what’s an app. Don’t laugh, I dont even have a mobile phone. Luckily I do have a computer but it is steam driven.

• posted by Carmella
    on

I just use a free list App(lication) called Shopping UK. It works for me.

on

that still doesn’t tell me what an app is. I presume it is short for application and it is something you can put on your phone to do things but as I dont have a mobile or actually the one I have is 15 years old and only used to send texts and make calls, can I download apps onto my computer so I can use these wonderful thingies, whatever they are. My daughter talks about logging her exercise on a fitbit but I just type it into my Sparkpeople.com exercise page and it tells me how many calories I have used, adjusts the calories needed in my nutrition page etc. Am I correct that that is the same sort of thing. Would hate to be missing out.

• posted by Summermoonstone
    on

Thank you Sunshine Girl for this “Basic Shopping List” It is very helpful as I have only started this BSDiet this week (Monday) and dont know what to eat most of the time. I have dieted off and on all my life but this is so different to anything I’ve done before – can eat butter! cheese! full fat yoghurt! haven’t eaten some of these things for years! So your list is very helpful as I am always wondering what to have for the next meal. I know I have to become more organised.
    It sounds as if Sparkpeople.com is the same sort of thing as any dieting/fitness site/app (I tried to log into it but it wouldn’t accept my e-mail address for some reason) There are loads of these sites and apps around and it looks as if most are the same sort of thing you just find the one that is best for you. I have started using http://www.fatsecret.co.uk this week as I’ve found that is the easiest for me but it’s interesting to see what others are about. The advantage of having the app on your phone is that you can do it when/wherever you are and not have to wait to get home to go on your computer but yes you are correct in that they are the same sort of thing and I don’t think you are missing out at all. Thank you again for your advice

Please log in or register to post a reply.