Going Well

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Zendo
    on

I have been on the diet for 5 weeks now. I have lost 6 kgs. And my sugar levels are normal… Fantastic. And the diet is not difficult to stay with daily. Today I get my Hba1c results. Last time they were borderline… I await anticipating good results. I also expect to soon be off statins for cholesterol… This diet has been the best I have ever tried and I have tried raw food, low GI, starvation etc. I also think I may soon be off blood pressure medication… In fact all medications. I have already stopped one diabetic medication.

• posted by Natalie
    on

That is awesome! Congratulations on your great results.

• posted by Bill1954
    on

Well done Zendo and good luck with the Hba1c results. My blood tests were taken just 4 weeks in so I wasn’t expecting miracles but I was downgraded to pre diabetic status with normal cholesterol levels and that was after stopping the Exanatide injections and cutting the metformin dose in half. I’m now off meds altogether after just 10 weeks and my sugar levels are stabilising into the normal range. Oh yeah, I lost 2 stones as well 🙂
    This lifestyle works, of that there is now no doubt, just stick with it and the results will come.

• posted by Zendo
    on

Thanks Bill,

Yes the HbA1c was 10% lower than last time. My Statins have been reduced and I am very happy about it. With a more switched on doctor I could be on less medication I believe. Where do I find a more alert doctor?

• posted by LisaClifford
    on

Ive been on this plan for all of 3 days……so far so good and surprisingly havnt been hungry or craving chocolate. However, I have discovered I HATE Blueberries….yuk…..what can I have instead?

• posted by Zendo
    on

Hello Lisa,

Try raspberries… The sugar content is low like blueberries… Both are expensive here but worth it if it they can be afforded…

• posted by Zendo
    on

Hello Bill,

Great news. What was your diet after the 8 weeks?

• posted by Bill1954
    on

Hi Zendo
    at the moment I’m staying on the fast 800 until I lose another 1 stone 2 pounds to get me to my first target of 13.5 stones, then, probably the 5:2 to get the last 1 to 1.5 stones off and a final weight of 12 to 12.5 stones. I started at 16 .9 so I’m delighted.

• posted by Zendo
    on

Thanks everyone… I started the diet 5 weeks ago. After 3 days I stopped one diabetic medication by myself because the sugar results were consistently low and I didn’t want them going lower. My doctor agreed and I have stayed off the Dimirel with the results staying low. My blood analysis today revealed all quite normal.. HBa1c, cholesterol etc. my doctor wants me to test again in three months but that is not good enough for me. I don’t agree with him because I believe I can cut medications gradually right now. I would like to find a doctor who is not so conservative. Most follow the Australian Diabetic Association guidelines and they are known to be very out of touch. Any ideas welcomed. Do I continue to monitor myself and my drugs and/or find a “good” doctor? Is it wise to stop one drug ( I am on two at the moment) and constantly monitor my blood sugar to see what is happening?

Please log in or register to post a reply.