Going on holidays but want to keep going

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Lise
    on

I am five weeks in with no slip ups, no alcohol, no simple carbs, eating delicious foods and sleeping better than I have for years. In one week I am travelling for more than a month to several countries and doing a cruise to boot. I don’t want to see a single kilo or centimetre of fat back and in fact I’m hoping to keep losing but I’m worried. How do I do it when I’m on the move? What meal choice should I make for the long flights? Your advice is most welcome.

• posted by Leeanne
    on

Hi Lise,
    I’m currently on week 13 but on week 7 we had a week in Cornwall. I stuck to the BSD through sheer determination. My only slip up was a small pot of cashews which I scoffed before checking the cals. Not one pasty, cream tea or bag of chips passed my lips. I did have a poached cod one night – with no batter. I suppose as we were self catering I could plan meals more. I do remember that I took a packed lunch out every day. Even so, I suppose the majority of meals out would have been fish based – so they would have been fine with a little adjustment. Alcohol wasn’t an issue as I don’t drink. We did lots of walking too, averaging 6 miles a day. I would imagine cruise wise you could choose your food anyway. On the go is a bit more difficult as I’ve found it’s quite hard to find take away food that’s suitable for the BSD. If all else fails just get straight back on it after your holiday. Have a lovely time anyway!

• posted by captainlynne
    on

In general I find food on planes not worth eating. Now I either eat before boarding or take something with me. On a BA flight on Wednesday the cabin crew commented that not many people accept the food offered. This is my 2nd holiday this year, plus 2 residential conferences. I’ve stuck to the BSD principles, eating low carb, and have learned I need to watch portion sizes. When possible, visit the local market/ supermarket and buy what you know you can eat. I’m currently in Italy, staying with friends, and am avoiding pasta etc. Been to the supermarket to buy foods friends don’t necessarily have in their kitchen. Yesterday we were taken to a great ice cream place. But everything had sugar in it so I just drank sparkling water. Felt strange? But Ive decided I want to be fit and healthy for as long as possible. If that means avoiding things I used to consider treats then so be it. I can’t eat as much as I used to, but enjoy what I eat, so it’s not a hardship.

Please log in or register to post a reply.