Goats Milk

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Krowe
    on

I watched the part of the programme where they explored the pros and cons of different types of milk. I drink goats milk which wasn’t mentioned. What do the presenters think of this milk?

• posted by Dianebow
    on

I would like to know if goats milk is allowed also 🙂

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

I don’t know what the presenters think but I love it, and used it intermittently throughout my weightloss period, along with cows milk and nut ‘milks’ for various uses. I love goats cheese as well. I think it is supposed to be lower in lactose and easier to digest than cows milk, but haven’t looked into benefits in any depth.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

At far as calories and carbs go, there is little to give between whole cow’s milk (61cals/4.8g carbs per 100ml) and goat’s milk (69cals & 4.5g carbs per 100ml), but some people find goat’s milk more easily digested – some prefer the taste too. If you like goat’s milk, there is no reason to give it up but keep and eye on the carb intake.

Personally, I use unsweetened almond milk a lot, as the brand I use is both low in calories (13 cals per 100ml) and has 0g carbs. I love goats cheese as well and I’m planning to start making kefir again and thinking I might try using goat’s milk for that.

My advice – keep enjoying your goat’s milk, as long as it fits in with your daily calorie and carb allowance.

Please log in or register to post a reply.