Giving up sweetener ….. Day 2

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Lellycancan
    on

Soooo – I’m totally addicted to sweetener in my black coffee. I love the taste of black coffee with sweetener – I even prefer it to sugar. BUT as of yesterday I’ve given it up & am putting milk in instead. Having read the book I realise how my love of sweetener will make my cravings worse. Wish me luck!

• posted by Frog
    on

you’ll get there!

As a teenager I drank coffee with a quarter teaspoon of coffee and about three sugars

Now I don;t drink instant (but have had one or two cups of that instant sort with added powdered beans), and can taste it if someone has stirred another cup with sugar before putting the spoon in mine.

• posted by Kathy54
    on

Good luck Lellycancan you will get there and realise on the way how much better things taste.

• posted by Switzerland
    on

Hi Lellycancan,
    You can do this. When I stopped artificial sweeteners a few years ago it took me 6 weeks to really enjoy a cup of coffee again. It really was worth it.
    Persevere and you’ll achieve this.

Please log in or register to post a reply.