Getting the shakes

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by JimmyWelsh
    on

Hiya,

I’m 77kg and whilst I have a dog and get exercise everyday the belly has been growing. Time to start the blood sugar diet. Really inspired by this.

I’m on day two though and I’m getting some serious shakes and feeling quite weak. I have also been doing my regular exercise and wonder if maybe I should stop exercising or reduce the amount i do?

Or is this just a reaction to so little sugar / simple carbohydrates?

I’m not diagnosed as Diabetic but would describe myself as addicted to sweet things and with a very bad diet.

Many thanks

• posted by Baristagirls
    on

Hello JimmyWelsh, take heart and keep going, it’s just a reaction to sugar/carbs reduction I should think. Sounds very like me a few weeks ago when I started my first week. I couldn’t even exercise, I felt so ill! Do make sure you drink enough water.

• posted by Frog
    on

Hi Jimmy
    I was fortunate and didn’t get shaky or headachy when I started, but I think quite a lot of people do, you’re not alone.
    Persevere, most people say it passes in a few days – hope that it goes well for you

• posted by keeptrying
    on

hi jimmy
    I got very shaky in my first week or so, and especially in the morning before breakfast
    and also when I went out for long walks
    I bought some glucose tablets – and found if I just had one or two, after a few minutes things improved
    I bet others will say that counters the low carbs, but I had to do something

now – I am finding less shaky but incredibly tired and have actually not gone on any of my walks for a week
    all that healthy food, yet I have no energy

hope things settle for you soon

Please log in or register to post a reply.