Getting ready to start!

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Landrews22
    on

I am getting myself prepared to start the BSD and need to sort out the food that I am going to eat during the 8 week period (I am a very fussy eater!).

One item that I do really like is the Alpro range of soya based yogurts, which I generally have for breakfast now. Are these okay to eat instead of full fat yogurts?

• posted by Lolo
    on

Hi – Good luck with starting 🙂
    Re: Alpro products, some of them contain added sugar. So I would say check the ingredients labels and nutritional information. If there’s any added sugar – then switching to one without would probably be better I think x

• posted by pmshrink
    on

Hi Landrews
    Even plain natural Alpro has sugar in it! The fruit ones have a lot. Plain natural Provamel doesn’t have sugar so I’ve switched to that. I also make my own using a spoonful of goats yogurt and sugar free soya milk and s yogurt maker! Which I really like the taste of. If you decide to do that, boil the soya milk first and cool it down then add the goats yogurt and whisk it. In the morning it will be set and lovely.
    Penny

• posted by Landrews22
    on

Thank you for the replies which are most helpful. Still struggling with finding a full fat sugar free yogurt as even Greek style states a sugar content on the label, Any suggestions of the most suitable brands?

• posted by malkay
    on

Hi Landrews22. I make my own, but I think Yeo Valley and Rachels Dairy both do one.

Please log in or register to post a reply.