Full fat yoghurt?

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by JaniceB
    on

Hi, I’m in the UK, what is the brand of full fat yoghurt that everyone eats? Are they flavoured, are they not full of sugar? There are so many yoghurts in the supermarkets that I’m just bamboozled. I’m looking for something to have after dinner, instead of cake or biscuits. 🙁

• posted by caronl
    on

Hi JaniceB. When I’m in the UK, I usually eat Waitrose own brand full fat Greek Yoghurt. If I want any flavour, I add warm defrosted raspberries and some walnuts. Yum.

• posted by JGwen
    on

I buy Greek yoghurt and a pack of frozen cherries to have a few cherries added to the yoghurt.

• posted by sixturkeys
    on

I have Fage with berries or for ex stewed rhubarb for the more creamy “pudding” feel, and Tescos (or Sainsbury’s) full fat greek for same purpose or for example to make a salad dressing because it is a bit thinner than the Fage. Or I also like Yeo. I would love to find a “French” type plain yoghurt, ie firmer set, and a bit more ” acidic”, but I can only see “low fat” versions in my local supermarkets

• posted by ClarinetCathy
    on

I usually buy Aldi full fat Greek Yoghurt. Lidl were doing a pack of four full fat Greek yoghurts which were my absolute favourite for about 99 p (so creamy) but when I went to get some last week they had new strawberry type sauce at the bottom ones and I couldn’t find the usual ones I buy.. hope they haven’t stopped doing the plain Greek yoghurt. I’ve tried “Greek Style” yoghurt but they’re not as nice as proper Greek Yoghurt. M&S do a nice full fat Greek yoghurt too as well as the old favourite Fage in most supermarkets. Lovely with hot raspberries and cacao nibs or pecans and also lovely with passionfruit and pecans/walnuts. A delicious treat- almost like a trifle!

Please log in or register to post a reply.