Frustrating lack of weight loss

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by for ever the optimist
    on

Has anyone else found they are not shifting weight after a good initial couple of weeks? I am in week 4 but nothing is now coming off, I am sticking to the 800 calories or less, I know it’s better than gaining but if I have to stay at 800 or fewer calories to stay the same I am worried about how I will manage long term.

• posted by Cherrianne
    on

Hi forever the optimist,
    Are you noticing any other changes, such as looser clothing or more energy/ sleeping better etc?
    It is a bit unusual not to have lost any weight at all in four weeks, but there are at least two people I can recall who have had a similar experience. It’s very disappointing for you, but don’t despair. On 800 calories a day you will lose weight.
    Make sure you are drinking plenty of fluid, 2-3 l per day and eating a decent amount of healthy fats. These really help with weight loss. Also make sure your foods are low carb, not just low calorie.
    Stay in touch, and let us know how you get on.

on

Thank you for your reply, I did lose weight for the first 3 weeks but have now stopped. I have pretty much eliminated carbs( I think) so I don’t think that’s the issue, I guess I just have to dig deep and carry on.

• posted by RozyDozy
    on

Hello Forever the Optimist,
    Sounds like you have hit the plateau that a LOT of people hit a few weeks in, in other words everything sounds normal. Just tough it out & carry on. Weight loss on some weeks will be slower than on others – guess it’s just the body readjusting. Don’t worry about it.
    Best wishes, Rose

on

Hello Rise, thank you for your words of encouragement, Its so good to know we are not alone on this journey, especially as it can get tough at times.

• posted by Sabina
    on

hi,
    I notice when I dont lose weight even though I stick to my 800 calories, its either too much sodium, or I do a big day of exercise.
    Lots of water helps even things out. Good luck.
    S

• posted by Jussi55
    on

Yip, you are not alone. After 4 weeks I have lost 3kg – this last week nothing. Well, I was a lb up the other day and today it has gone. So still 3kg! I am keeping going as low carb, no sugar and calories between 600-800 must mean weight will go down eventually. This week I will be trying to up the water as this is not my strong point. Be interesting to see if things change. So keep it going as I am and let’s hope we have some good news to share SOON!
    Jussi

Please log in or register to post a reply.