Fruit juice

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Lamby
    on

Somewhere Michael says no fruit juice allowed. Morrison’s “No added sugar juice” claims to contain virtually no calories, and only trace carbohydrates or sugar; no artificial colours or flavours. I prefer juice to water. Is this juice compatible with the diet?

• posted by Esnecca
    on

No. Fruit is all sugar as it is. Fruit juice doesn’t even have the tiny benefit of fiber in the skins and peels. If the juice in question really had no sugar, then the label wouldn’t say “no added sugar.” I checked the website, and Morrisons No Sugar Added Apple Juice Drink has 3.3 grams of sugar per 250 ml carton. It’s not terrible, but it’s not good either. On top of that, they add artificial sweeteners Acesulfame K and Sucralose. Sucralose is bad for you in many ways. It can trigger blood sugar reactions and murders the beneficial microorganisms in your gut.

You need to retrain your palate not to crave sugar and carbs. You also need real hydration. Sugar cannot perform this function. That’s water’s job. If you require flavorings, try some herbal tea. Make a concentrated pitcher of it and pop it in the fridge. You can add it to fizzy water for a soda effect.

I used to be a diet soda junkie and it took me a while to turn exclusively to water when I started the BSD. I would have an 8 oz bottle of Coke Zero as a treat once a day. Then once a week. Then once a month. Then I just lost interest. My palate changed and fake sweet beverages held no more appeal.

Please log in or register to post a reply.