Freezing the recipes

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by peterjk
    on

I’m having a blast of the BSD. All going so well. Thanks Michael. I have one question though. Q. some of the recipes are for 6 people. Can i freeze some, or do i need to re-calculate ingredient needs, for 1 or 2 people.

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Hi Peter, Glad you are rocking it. as for your question, it depends. If you make for 6 are you going to be very careful when dividing into 6 portions or will you be tempted to have one and a bit or even 2??? So easy to misjudge and have too much as diet portions are quite small. Sometimes dividing by 6 to make one can be to much of a faff or even be looking at say, half an egg or some other silly amount. You will have to judge by the recipe and maybe divide by 3 and make 2 portions. It is always good to have spare meals already in the freezer for those days when you cant be bothered or no time but be aware that some items dont freeze well. I cant think of anything off hand as most total meals like a bolognaise sauce, coq au vin, Hungarian goulash type of meals all freeze well. Good luck. You will get used to it.

Please log in or register to post a reply.