Freezing foods of large quantities!

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Judoch
    on

Hi everyone, just joined, and still hungry…only 2nd day though! As I work long days, wanted to know if it’s ok to freeze most recipes if in large quantities, as it doesn’t always say?
    For example I would like to make the Seedy Flapjacks (makes 24)..keep a few in fridge….but is it safe to freeze the rest ?

• posted by Frog
    on

If it doesn’t say, why not google a regular recipe and see- or a more generic “can you freeze flapjacks?” – then just consider whether there’s anything specific about the BSD recipe that makes it unsuitable for freezing.
    I haven’t followed many of the recipes here, but if I see a recipe for something I like (eg low carb cakes), I split it down to the smallest portion – usually determined by making it with one egg, and scale the other ingredients proportionately. Not that I’ve actually made any, but I have a word document for small portions of low carb cakes, with all the calorie and carb counts worked out just in case!

• posted by Judoch
    on

thx Frog… just googled that and it appears you CAN freeze most flapjacks. I know I could reduce quantities but in my demanding job, don’t have a lot of free time…thought this would be a good way to store batches…then if teeating myself could pop one in my lunchbox.

• posted by Frog
    on

Hi
    I googled out of interest, and found a recipe that I have adapted quite considerably and made, that has no added sugar or syrup.
    I haven’t cooked it yet – the mixture is sitting ready in a dish and I’ll bake it when the oven is on later.

I will post the recipe I made if its OK – apricot, almond and cinnamon
    Depending what size I cut them into, they’ll either be 100 calories each, or 76, and 17 or 13g of carb respectively
    My dilemma is that if I make six larger ones, I think I’m less likely to eat two, whereas if I cut into tiny ones…

I only have a tiny freezer, and can never find room for anything – I MUST work through whatever is in there!

• posted by Frog
    on

How did your flapjacks turn out Judoch?

Mine tasted amazing, but weren’t very flapjacky – the mixture didn’t meld together very well, so was more like a crunchy granola – fabulous with a teaspoon of mascarpone, so won’t go to waste, but a bit disappointing.

• posted by peterjk
    on

the recipes for 6 people, i would need to freeze – any ideas anyone

pjk

Please log in or register to post a reply.