Has anyone tried cooking the guilt-free brownies?

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Kerry9
    on

…at the bottom of page 252? I only ask because we followed the instructions precisely and the end result tasted gopping and didn’t look like a brownie at all – the nibs were like hard gritty lumps and it really tasted like compressed chip board. Did we do something wrong?

• posted by RozyDozy
    on

Nah, think this is one of the less successful recipes! There was a fair amount of discussion a while ago on this site about the guilt-free brownies – it’s unlikely to be anything you did! 🙂

• posted by Jenny.B
    on

I just tried cooking these today and they’re rubbish! Stuck to the pan despite using the coconut oil, I added a bit of cocoa power as the batter was like a blondie… but it is dry and not chocolatey at all 🙁

• posted by Live to eat
    on

Yes! And they were NASTY!! Smelled so good, but horrid.

• posted by Luvtcook
    on

You may wish to try these….getting rave reviews on the internet. Ground chia keeps them moist.
    They have a chocolate icing on top which you could skip to cut the calories a bit…..these have only 4 net carbs per serving but the calorie count with the icing is 202…..too high for everyday eating but ok for a once a week treat (recommend cutting in squares and freezing all but one serving as not to overindulge)

https://d104wv11b7o3gc.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/fudgy-keto-brownies-9-300×300.jpg

Amazing Fudgy Keto Brownies!

These fudgy keto brownies were some of the most delicious low carb and keto brownies my family has ever had. The secret ingredient? Chia seeds!

Kim from LowCarbMaven Servings: 16

Ingredients

Brownie Layer
    1 bar (3.5 oz ) extra dark chocolate – 85 % cocoa
    4 1/2 oz butter, ghee or coconut oil (I used butter)
    3 large eggs
    15-20 drops liquid stevia (I used 1/2 tsp Stevia Glycerite)
    3/4 cup (4.2 oz) erythritol, powdered *DCW try with less

Combine dry ingredients:
    1 cup (3.5 oz/ 100 g) almond flour
    1/2 cup (1.6 oz/45 g) plus 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
    1/4 cup (1.1 oz/ 30 g) ground chia seeds*
    1/2 teaspoon baking soda
    1 teaspoon cream of tartar

Chocolate Icing Layer
    1/2 bar (1.8 oz ) extra dark chocolate – 85 % cocoa
    2 tablespoons coconut oil or butter (I used ghee)
    1/4 cup (2 fl oz) heavy whipping cream

Instructions

Prep: Preheat oven to 350 F (gas mark 4) and position the rack to the middle.

Spray an 8×8 square (or 9X9) brownie pan and line with parchment paper for extra insurance. Leave an overhang for easy removal.

Brownies:

Break the chocolate into small pieces and add it and the butter into a small bowl placed over slowly simmering water or microwave on defrost. Stir warm chocolate well to remove any lumps.

Place the eggs, stevia and powdered erythritol into a medium bowl and mix to combine.

Next add the melted chocolate and beat in well.

Add the rest of the dry ingredients and starting on low speed and gradually getting faster, mix until thoroughly combined. (starting on low prevents the cocoa powder from making a big cloud!)

Spread the thick brownie batter into the pan and bake for 15-20 minutes.

Let it cool in the pan. When cool, run a sharp thin knife around the edge and lift the brownies out of the pan with the parchment. Don’t worry if it cracks.

Chocolate Icing Layer:

Break the chocolate into small pieces and place into a smallish bowl with the ghee, coconut oil or butter.

Heat heavy cream in a small saucepan and, over medium heat. Pour the hot cream over the chocolate and let it sit for a minute. Stir until combined and glossy. Let it cool a bit and thicken.

Spread over the brownies and let cool in the fridge until the chocolate has hardened.

Cut and serve. Serves 16. Refrigerate any remaining brownies and enjoy at room temperature.

NOTE: *3 tablespoons of chia seeds, ground, will equal about 1/4 cup.

It’s best to under-cook the brownies for a fudgy texture.

Nutrition Facts Amount Per Serving
    Calories 202 Calories from Fat 180
    % Daily Value*
    Total Fat 20g 31%
    Saturated Fat 7g 35%
    Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
    Monounsaturated Fat 5g
    Cholesterol 62mg 21%
    Sodium 120mg 5%
    Potassium 157mg 4%
    Total Carbohydrates 7g 2%
    Dietary Fiber 3g 12%
    Protein 4g 8%
    Vitamin A 7%
    Vitamin C 1%
    Calcium 4%
    Iron 6%
    * Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.

Please log in or register to post a reply.