Fragrance free coconut oil

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by SOS
    on

I was getting a bit tired of the constant taste of coconut so a search brought me to fragrance free coconut oil. Am now using Suma oil. The smelly stuff is now a body lotion.

• posted by Janet1973
    on

Thanks for this SOS. I also find the background taste of coconut a bit off-putting, its just not quite right for savoury foods. I’ll look into this as an alternative. Made me laugh about the body lotion.

• posted by feltwicked
    on

Hi, total newbie to this forum here. I’m just about to start the diet and was wondering about coconut oil for cooking. Is it okay to use it, and is it like olive oil in the diet? Thanks for any assistance and advice.

• posted by Janet1973
    on

Yes its fine to use it, just count the calories if you are trying to stick to the 800.

• posted by feltwicked
    on

Great. Do you happen to know a calorie value for a generic coconut oil?

• posted by orchid
    on

hi feltwicked, the one I have in the house is (per 100g) 893 cals, fat 100g, 87g of which are saturates, 0g carbs, 0g protein.

• posted by Janet1973
    on

If you cant get nutrition information from the packaging, the nhs calorie counter is really good

• posted by feltwicked
    on

Thanks, I was just being lazy, a habit I’ll have to break. I didn’t think of the nutrition info on the jar, I guess that comes from residing in Australia and having my blood run upside-down 😉.

• posted by orchid
    on

Hi feltwicked, Another useful source for quick checks are the supermarket websites. In the UK, those who do home food deliveries have the brand and their nutrient info online. I am not sure if Australian ones do the same – all-be-it upside down :-).

Please log in or register to post a reply.