Four weeks, no chocolate

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Isabel
    on

I’m nearly at the end of my 4th week. I started this because I wanted to break the habit of not eating sweet things. I think I’ve done that because I haven’t had chocolate, biscuits, cake, ice cream, low fat stuff, nor bread, pasta or potatoes. I haven’t weighed myself but clothes are looser. I can safely walk down confectionery and biscuit aisles without buying. I will continue this for at least 8 weeks and then continue with the M diet. Good luck everyone

• posted by SkyWalker
    on

Sounds like you are being very hard on yourself. There is room for an odd piece of dark choc on 800 cal and 30 gm carbs and even an odd crispbread and even potato has some fibre. A new habit has to be sustainable or we can drop back into the old ways. We need to change the foods we eat not just deny ourselves everything. Good luck with the will power, you are sounding very tough .

• posted by Isabel
    on

Thank you SkyWalker! but I’m certainly not depriving myself, just changing a bad habit – I mean a whole packet of Choc Mint biscs in a few hours in not good. I’m thriving on new regime and not missing ‘rubbish’ at all.
    Just wondering – I’ve seen that you post a lot, are you a member of the ‘team’ or just a poster like the rest of us?

Please log in or register to post a reply.