Four weeks in.

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by lachlanh
    on

Hi everyone.

Just registered here on the website but already been on it four weeks. It’s working but these last stages seem to be frustratingly slow. I say these last stages as I’m a TOFI so wasn’t expecting to be on it that long. Perhaps a bit arrogantly. When I was diagnosed this last January my fasting blood sugar was a whopping 20! There was talk that I may even be a type 1. However, I started the diet and managed to get my blood sugar down considerably but not yet in the safe zone. I notice many people talking about the ‘dawn phenonomen’ and I think that is affecting my waking levels as they always seem higher then than before my evening meal so good to know I’m not alone in this. My lowest reading so far (before an evening meal) was 5.6 a couple of weeks ago but hasn’t been as low since. Currently averaging about 6.4. Nearly there.

Good luck to everyone here and happy to share anything if it of any help.
    Lachlan.

• posted by Bill1954
    on

Welcome to the forums.
    Try a fatty snack, I use greek yoghurt with berries, an hour before bed.
    I had the dawn effect and that brought the readings down.
    Constantly between 5 and 6 now.

• posted by Cherrianne
    on

Hi Lachlan,
    Welcome. You are already achieving great results if your fasting levels were that high a year ago. Do try the protein/ fat snack before bed it really helps.
    I’m also TOFI but have found myself to be particularly sensitive to carbs. It may be that you need to monitor your carb intake quite closely, rather than calories. Especially if you need to keep your weight stable.
    Let us know how you get on. I’m sure we’ll be hearing about big improvements in your readings soon.

• posted by lachlanh
    on

Thanks Bill
    I’m going to try that tonight. Fingers crossed!

• posted by lachlanh
    on

Hi Cherrianne

Thanks for that. Encouraging words always make me feel positive and I know how important that is to stay focused on this. Actually, I was only diagnosed last month but I think I had it already for at least a year without being diagnosed. That’s two of that have mentioned the late night snack so in going to get on that tonight before bed.

I’m doing my best to keep an eye on the carbs and being quite strict about it while I’m on the diet but will certainly take note of that advice as I move forward I.e. As I get on to normal calories again.

Thanks again.
    Lachlan

Please log in or register to post a reply.