Forgive me for I have sinned,,,,

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by FiB
    on

You all seem so good at this – I did great 11lbs in 2 weeks then I got hit by a bad cold and a serious asthma attack and a sweet craving. So yesterday I demolished biscuits and chocolate and today started well and have just finished the chocolates.

In my defence less than I normally would have but very cross with myself at this self destruction,

So hopefully by publically acknowledging it I will get my head back into the right space and back on the BSD with vigour!

F

• posted by Theodora
    on

Hey, don’t beat yourself up! You’ve not been well and that’s bound to weaken your resistance. I daresay everyone falls off the wagon once in a while (I haven’t yet, but I’m only on day 4, so I’m sure I will sooner or later – though later would be good 😉 ). You know you CAN do it so, just get back on the wagon – not tomorrow, but NOW. 🙂 Good luck, and hope you are feeling better soon.

Oh, and by the way, we forgive you 🙂

• posted by topcac
    on

Congratulations – you are human 🙂

I fell off the wagon spectacularly right at the end of week 2 and stuffed a huge piece of chocolate fudge cake into my gob before I could stop myself, then set about devouring all I could for the rest of the day – I put on 1.5lbs that week and went on to lose 23lbs in 15 weeks. It happens to us all – we are no angels – but it’s what you do afterwards that counts – get back to it – give yourself a talking too and forgive yourself – like Theodora say…we do!

It’s not about the number of times you fall, it’s about the number of times you get up again…

• posted by FiB
    on

Thank you for your kindness!

• posted by Californiagirl
    on

Good morning FiB, welcome to the BIGGEST group on these forums — the “fell-off-the-diet-for-lordy-only-knows-what-reason” group — and now you can climb back on the NEXT biggest group on these forums — the “started-back-up-again” group — and I’m here to tell you that it is STILL going to work if you keep getting back on the wagon. My motto has been and continues to be (and I am unanimous in this 😜) that if it’s worth doing, it’s worth doing poorly! Even doing it about as badly as anyone can possibly do it, I have lost the weight, reached goal and am only six weeks from my one year mark. So don’t despair, just start again. It is the keeping on that will do the trick. Just don’t quit!!!

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Californiagirl is right FIB, there are few of us who haven’t had blips, slip-ups or even huge falls from grace. The secret is not to waste time beating yourself up, as this is counterproductive. Allow yourself to be fallible, acknowledge it, refocus and move on. As long as you can keep getting back on track, you should see success like the rest of us.

Make sure you keep with it, just refuse to quit until you get to your goal and keep posting.

• posted by hazelnut
    on

Hello. I have been lurking around the forum since oct. I have had good results with low carb. Lost 3 stone and 8in of waist. Only a few pound off maintenance so why did i think it was ok to let the carb monster out of its cage!!. It has rampaged through my weekend but is now back in its cage. I am starting a new day. I am sad but not down. Things i have learned – carb monster will always have to be in cage. I am all or nothing. One chocolate will always lead to 10. I need to rethink how i am going to maintain this weight lose and my much improved health. Any tips would be helpful. Hx

on

Hi Hazelnut! Always good to hear from long-term lurkers! I know exactly what you are saying — we will never be letting that carb-monster free again — it just isn’t a polite house guest, uses the powder-room towels for wiping mud off its shoes, eats everything in the fridge, doesn’t turn off the lights when it goes to bed…well, that’s my carb-monster but I bet yours is just as boorish!
    I have succeeded in maintenance since June by keeping carbs as a rare rare treat — I increased calories by adding more nuts, more fats and more misc veg and a bit of fruit (especially oranges, my all-time favorite).
    I posted my terrible Saturday night last week when I made a batch of chocolate chip cookies, ate four of them (the biggest ones) then felt so sick overnight that I got up at 2 am, in the middle of the night, and drowned all the rest of them in the kitchen sink!
    Still learning six months later!!

• posted by KrysiaD
    on

Hazelnut and Californiagirl – I am exactly the same. My carb monster has to stay securely under lock and key because it really is not a pretty sight when it starts rampaging through the carbs. I am all or nothing also.

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

I am not usually all or nothing but have had a rare carb monster attack this weekend. It began with a slice of leftover Christmas cake on top of my planned menu on Friday, I was reasonably well controlled on Saturday, with a curry out, I hit the poppadoms and pickles fairly hard, but ducked rice, naan and alcohol. Had a main course and okra side dish only, then yesterday the monster started rampaging. Slice of wholemeal toast with jam and clotted cream (at least the jam was St Dalfour so not solid sugar). Cracker with rum butter (my own, left over from Christmas again) and then dived into the Christmas chocolates. And another small slice of cake. 2500 calories in total by my guesstimate. So today I am doing a penitent liquid only fast, and will be having a grand total of 60 calories, to try to push the monster back in the cage.

• posted by FiB
    on

Put up a sign asking the carb monsters to kindly vacate the house, tell the sugar animal he is no longer welcome in the house and move on.

My sugar animal (Cyril to his friends) has spent the day knocking at the door – he is most displeased that he has not been given access to my office or the house. Poor Cyril is a homeless soul – but don’t any of you give him house room he is a wee terror once he gets his feet under the table!

Back at it everyone….. so what are your monsters and animals called?

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Another all or nothing girl here.

Never thought of giving my carb monster a name *puts thinking cap on*.

What I’ve learned is that I daren’t let him (yes, he is male – whatever his name is) back into the house. Past experiences remind me that it is so easy to revert to the bad old ways so, at this point, I’d just as soon not risk it.

Was thinking of calling him Fred. But then thought Clarence and carbs both begin with the same letter. So – my unwanted, unloved and homeless carb monster has his name …

Clarence!

Strange – was going to say Cecil, but typed Clarence! Then remembered that my daughter and I once nicknamed a pesky seagull Clarence. So that seems to be the name for an annoying seagull or carb monster.

Wonder if Cyril and Clarence are friends.

on

I’m naming my carb monster”GoodRiddance” or maybe it should be “Shutthedooronthewayout”. Either one is fitting — I’ll tell it to look up Clarence and Cyril. They can hang out in Nevertown together!

• posted by LindaA
    on

Another ‘all or nothing’ girl here!
    If I’m out and about and can’t control what food I’m given, like a wedding, I simple leave the carbs on the plate. I was at a restaurant last week and asked the waitress not to bring bread and not to put the carbs on the plate. For dessert, I asked for the cream brûlée that came with berries and asked them to hold the brûlée and only bring the berries! As soon as I told her I don’t eat carbs or sugar, she was more than happy to accomodate my requests and actually increased the amount of berries to make up for the lack of brûlée.
    I’ve been doing this since April last year and so far have not had a situation where I couldn’t find a work around.
    My rule? Just don’t eat the sugar and carbs, no excuses! It’s not worth it.
    Weighed in this morning (as I do most mornings) at 57.2kg – pretty much bang in the middle of my goal range of 56-58kg. It can be done folks. Just say no!
    Cheers
    Linda

• posted by Maharani kitten
    on

If I’m tempted to eat carbs I imagine my carb monster (Caroline) sitting in the corner, watching me and laughing triumphantly. She looks like a my old head girl from school, a nasty piece of work then, and now.
    She tried to give me some buttered sourdough toast on Sunday by asking my OH to bring it to me in bed (having a rare lie-in as still a bit kn*ckered after fighting off virus), took one bite to please him, saw Sweet Caroline laughing and clapping her hands, and threw it out of the window for the birds when he went downstairs.
    She’s a wily opponent, always on the lookout for a moment’s weakness, but I know can thrash her ass, just with the power of my will. MKx

• posted by Natalie
    on

I’ve reading this I think my carb monster is Coco, a little chattering monkey-like creature.

• posted by CJF62
    on

Ha! Just sat and read these, laughed my way through them all.. as my name is Claire, I’ll name my monster Claire….! 😊
    🍻🎂

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

I don’t think my carb monster has any friends, otherwise she wouldn’t be hanging around so long trying to get my attention. Not thought of a name for her yet, but she is definitely female, with her ‘oh go on, just one won’t hurt’ prodding.

• posted by hazelnut
    on

All is calm today after the weekends battle with my carb monster. Have double checked lock on cage this morning. BSD is back on track. I love this forum – you can be in the depth of despair, feeling like a failure but 10 mins with you lovely people and your back on track again. I had not considered naming the little critter ( will consider this while drinking my coffee with cream later) . I like -shutthedooronthewayout – it made me laugh. I need to laugh more. Any more suggestions?

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Have really enjoyed reading the names and identities of everyone’s carb monsters – certainly have raised a smile!

Would say mine is more like a cricket than a monster – you know the sort of incessant chirping that gets into you head so you struggle to hear your own thoughts? So I think my ‘carb monster’ has to be called Jiminy! If I’m honest, he doesn’t bother me too often, but like the idea of having a name to identify him.

Please log in or register to post a reply.