For the 2nd time of trying…weight loss stalls after a week – why?

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by kbskylady
    on

I started this diet about a year ago, full of enthusiasm. After the first week, and losing around 7 pounds, although keeping to the diet I lost not even another ounce. I gave up, thinking it didn’t work. I started again a short time ago. Rapid loss of pounds in the first 3 days (6 pounds), but not even an ounce since. Why? I wonder if deficiency of Vit D could be having an adverse effect as I’ve read lack can be indicated in weight gain. I have a tendency to Vit 3 levels show ing as zero in blood tests, but my new GP refuses to give me the test even though all the symptoms are back, with a vengeance. Anyone else having similar problems with weight loss? I’m desperate to lose because I was finally diagnosed as ‘just’ diabetic in November and the weight- around 4 stones – has to go.

• posted by Jax51
    on

O no! It’s so disheartening when that happens..I don’t know about vit D deficiency, but have read that a lot of people are lacking in it but are unaware.
    . My body seems to take about 3 weeks to start moving, but sadly I give up way before then… but not this time.🤓
    I must admit I’m struggling with 800 cals, and seem to scoff something in the eve that makes it up to around 1000. However, Linda A gave an excellent breakdown on the exact amounts we should consume, so I have worked out that although I thought my carb intake was low( much lower than before), it is still not low enough! Thank goodness for my fitness pal, 😂
    I have the same goal as you, 3 stone will take me into a good bmi range, but I’d like to make it 4.
    Off to drink another glass of water & do my hiit for today. Byee

• posted by kbskylady
    on

Thanks – I thought it was just me! Been reading stuff and now reviewing the carbs I am eating, and realise they need to be cut to virtually nil. I’ll keep going. 🙂

• posted by kbskylady
    on

I feel your pain! And it’s been such a long, cold winter that I guess the body craves carbs, so mine is not taking kindly to being low in them right now. I’m also feeling the cold more – maybe just coincidence. Longing to pig out on hot puddings, lots of lovely toast and butter, and don’t even mention chocolate (I just did!). Guess we just have t get past the first 2 weeks and it may get better. Good luck! xx

• posted by Phreckles
    on

Jax51 – thank you so much for mentioning Linda A’s breakdown. I did a search and found the post – it’s exactly what I’ve been looking for. I wasn’t sure about how many carbs I should be eating and for that matter, how much protein, fat etc. She answered all my questions and then some. I’ve cut and paste her post and will keep copies of it all over the house and at work.
    I’m coming up on a full week – started last Thursday and so far, am down 7 lbs but I’m already noticing rolls have shrunk (especially in the midriff area) and my trousers are a titch longer 🙂
    After reading Linda’s post, I will be tweaking my carb count to lower than it’s been and increasing both fat and protein.
    Skylady, I highly recommend reading her post too. She re-posted it in Jan of this year.
    Best of luck to all of us.

• posted by Chelle1981
    on

Had I am with you on the 1000 calls but this is soooo much better than before- I tend to me good at breakfast and lunch- when I get home I end up eating something as I get Hangary! And end up eating a larger than I should bit of cheese! Then I am good atdinner and back on it the next day- so for me I just need to get out of bad habits which are all too easy to pick up again and soooo hard to let go,of!

I am determined so for every blip- 3 send half weeks in and I am still in it!

• posted by kbskylady
    on

Thanks for the tip, I will read Linda’s post. Sounds like you got the advice you needed, hope it will work for me too.

• posted by Phreckles
    on

Welcome skylady – I think just following her advice helped me take two extra lbs off this week. I’m just finishing my 1st week and have lost 9 lbs so far. Still feeling hungry in the mornings but hoping that passes soon.

Please log in or register to post a reply.