Foods I never thought I would enjoy so much…….

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Igorasusual
    on

Hello all

I thought it might be nice to have a thread about foods which are amazingly delicious but we never would have thought so before starting this way of eating…..I know that I have had some fantastic highly enjoyable meals which I would never have thought of before.

My top faves are
    – baby spinach (raw), seasoned well, as a substitute for breakfast toast – under poached, scrambled, fried eggs – with perhaps some halloumi, mushrooms, baby plum tomatoes. And Smoked salmon if you like 🙂
    – chilli peppers – absolutely hooked on veg stir fry with some chilli peppers
    – courgette – what a revelation! – I like mine cut into chunks and then seared in a pan with very little fat so they go brown round the edges. Delicious!!!
    – St Agur blue cheese – 20g to eat with a spoon, just like a portion of cheesecake. Mmm

Anyone else?

• posted by melb100
    on

Great idea for a thread!

– Halloumi! Despite eating a 98% vegetarian diet for many years I had somehow never eaten this delicious tasty stuff before! I have it grilled with salad or veg for tea.

– Pomegranate seeds. I buy the pre-packed ones from local supermarket (lazy!) and they improve any salad. Especially good with cauliflower couscous/ rice, see below.

– CAULIFLOWER! I had not eaten one for years except encased in cheesey sauce but now enjoy it a few times a week, roasted with almonds or blitzed into “couscous” and mixed with chopped up grilled peppers and courgettes, pomegranate seeds, pine nuts, olives, sun dried tomatoes – delish!

– Smoothies. Have purchased and fallen in love with a nutribullet. Now have a smoothie (spinach, almond milk, blueberries, flax seeds and any other assorted fruit or veg to hand) every morning before work. Fills me up and also puts me in right frame of mind for the day, feeling like a healthy person who deserves to eat well before I even leave the house.

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Not had aubergine since the 1970’s when it tasted bitter and had to salted and soaked. Had the aubergine lamb last week and it has now been highlighted (pink highlight = eat again) and is on my menu for Saturday.

Smoked fish and celeriac. Lumped both together as I had the luxury fish pie (minus the prawns) and I loved the extra flavour the smoked fish gave and the celeriac topping was yummy. Got that again tonight.

• posted by Igorasusual
    on

I should have said feta cheese. 10 or 20g on some spinach. Mmmmmmm

Please log in or register to post a reply.