Food unwrapped diet special on Channel 4

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

Just watching (recorded earlier) this program, and although there was no mention of BSD there were plenty of other examples of increased healthy fat intake leading to weight loss, including a Dr Unwin in Southport who has been prescribing his own version of LCHF to great effect for the last 4 years (not with calorie restriction). The examples of the food chosen to suit the diet were very familiar. Now they are looking into high fat Nordic diets and the lower rates of obesity and higher full fat dairy consumption of people in Holland. They have just dropped in on the director of Public health England to quiz her on the incorrect current dietary advice. The word is slowly getting out 😁

• posted by RozyDozy
    on

Hi,
    I also saw this C4 programme – much of interest to BSDers. I believe the Dr Unwin who featured is the same person who contributed the bacon/broccoli fry-up on the recipe forum/book.

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

We bought the Daily Express on Monday and they had a pull out supplement for the best diet ever (according to the headline). It turned out to be the 5:2 although they said it was Lighter Life not Michael Mosley. Strange how other people are taking credit for this. I left it with my daughter to give her some ideas.

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

Lighter life has done some processed meals, all calorie counted for you for 500 calories 5:2 so you just pick any three for a fast day. I looked at the ingredients list on several ‘meals’ in Superdrug, but rejected all in favour of my current real food meals. Real food is just so much nicer, which actually makes the BSD 5:2 the best diet in the world. 😀 I guess the Mail got in first with that one though.

• posted by Iwanttobeslim
    on

I tried a ready meal from Boots. It was made with konjac noodles and should have been an ideal low cal, high fibre meal. However, it was absolutely disgusting! Evidenced by the fact that when I took the others back and the girl on the till said food was non returnable she was overruled by the supervisor who agreed it was too disgusting for words. I must say I find a pack of konjac noodles stirred into a stir fry helps to fill me up.

The other thing I read about is XO sauce, for Chinese food. I used it instead of oyster sauce, which is quite high carb, and it was really good. There are cheap versions which are quite carby, but I bought the low/no carb version which was much more expensive. You can get it on Amazon but I went to a Chinese supermarket.

Please log in or register to post a reply.