Food substitutes suggestions please

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Annie007
    on

Hi wanting to start the BSD with no excuses or obstacles in my way … with the weekly plane can some give me substitute any thing ‘fishy’ (but like prawns – I know this is odd), or pork (but like bacon). Thanks on advance for your guidance ๐Ÿ˜€.

• posted by Izzy
    on

I want to go to the moon! I’m getting a do nut!

What to do Annie (or at least what I did) is just make a meal plan using food you do like, and search for recipes using ingredients you like. Adapt your old favourites to make them BSD friendly – lots of good recipes in the recipe section here and many of us post what we eat in our diaries here if you want to read any of those for inspiration.

• posted by KrysiaD
    on

Hi Annie – I also have done exactly what Izzy has done. Most of my old favourites were easy to make BSD friendly and I only chose recipes from the book that contained ingredients that I liked. I knew this was the only way I would be successful and more importantly be able to keep off the refined carbs long term.

• posted by PrincetonianStud
    on

I am not a chicken soup eater now in the hot weather. But, starting next month I going Chicken soup again as a meal!

What I do is a have 2 32 quart pots and cook both on any day. When they are done 3+ hours after, I store them in freezer for when I need it! I have 2 weeks of soup ready for use.

So, maybe you should do the same! Pre plan all your meals for a week! You have no worries on whats for dinner!

So, Annie What’s for dinner? Inviting Daddy Warbucks? ๐Ÿ˜‰

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tviyAIS9c_U

Please log in or register to post a reply.