Fitbit

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Carolg
    on

Does anybody know if there is a waterproof thing that acts like a fitbit?
    I do 4 aqua aerobic classes a week as my main exercise, but so far haven’t seen anything to measure the amount of effort put in.

** Ignore this have found some through Amazon**

• posted by gavinfabl
    on

Look at Garmin. They do swim proof fitness devices and also a swimming heart rate strap too.

Later this year Fitbit will be releasing its new devices, one of which should be swim proof.

• posted by Frog
    on

Bit low tech – I found a website that calculates estimated calories used for exercise when I’d done my taster session of Nordic walking the other week. I forgot to bookmark it, but found a similar one just now:

https://www.healthstatus.com/calculate/cbc

You put in your personal stats and how long you’ve done a particular exercise, and it works it out – would work fine for a regular class like aquacise.
    I tried walking and it came up with a result fairly close to my pedometer.
    I didn’t bother to calculate the calories used cleaning my teeth – it didn’t specify manual or electric toothbrush for starters!

First Nordic walking lesson proper tomorrow!

Please log in or register to post a reply.