First Week Weigh In

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Tracy2267
    on

Well, just completed my first week on the BSD and was pleasantly surprised. Myself and my husband both lost 6lbs! The big thing I struggle with is maintaining focus, but I managed to conquer it and avoid biscuits and potato crisps. I am stunned. There was only one day I was hungry, but I would say that was my fault as opposed to there not being enough content in the food I was eating (long story). That aside, am feeling nervous about my visit to the docs for my HBA1C results on Wednesday.

Have a great week everyone!

• posted by Eureka
    on

Hi Tracy22677
    We’ll done both of you. You will soon sort your food out.
    Your HbA1c report will give your blood profile over the last three months. Get a printed copy & explanation from your GP. Google , explain my HbA1c, too.
    It’s the next blood profile that will tell you how well you have done on this diet. Keep copies from now on.
    Good luck

• posted by Not_thirsty
    on

Hi Tracey, well done on your first week! How do you manage the fluid? I have real trouble drinking anyway never mind 2 – 3 litlres!! I wonder what the impact would be if I dont consume the water?

• posted by Igorasusual
    on

Well done, Tracy and husband! Great stuff! Keep on keeping on, whilst you may not lose that much each week, if you follow the plan it will work.

Just reading your comment Not_thirsty, I saw that you were worried about the amount to drink on another thread. It is essential to the diet and will also be good for you. Have you thought of having a two litre bottle of water (or a number of bottles making up that amount) and just ensuring that you drink that much?

I usen’t to be very thirsty either, but having a bottle of water to hand at my desk makes me take a swig.

I used to suffer from cystitis a lot and that’s made me very aware of the need to drink – when you’re suffering with that, and only drinking water works to make you feel better, you start being able to drink lots!

Good luck!

Please log in or register to post a reply.