First week and some questions

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Seashell
    on

I’m a newbie to the BSD it’s going great down 6lbs so far. Does anyone else ever have trouble eating what a full portion of a recipe is or meal plan. Should I try to break it up into many smaller meals or what? Slightly confused

• posted by Baristagirls
    on

I did find that some of the salad etc recipes from the book were rather massive portions, plus I didn’t feel too well those first few weeks. So I used to eat half and then the other half later in the evening or not at all till the next day…… it all balances out if you don’t have all your calories/or more than in a day.

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

I find it useful to put a little of a meal to one side to have as a snack. As a diabetic I need to have something to eat just before I go to bed and this can be it without increasing calories or carbs. One day I made the coq au vin and found there was a bit of the meat and veg left over in quite a bit of gravy so I had it for my lunch the next day but added a big handful of spinach.

• posted by Flash21
    on

Hello Seashell,

As Baristagirls says, some of the portions from the recipes are quite big! And I’ve also found that some shop-bought portions are a bit big too – which is something that didn’t happen very often before I started this plan….I have recently become a fan of eating until I am about 70% full. Enough to not be hungry anymore but not so much that I feel uncomfortably full. I think if you aim for that you can’t really go wrong (provided you stick to your calorie allowance for the day!).

• posted by shalimar
    on

I think that’s a great idea ….. save some leftovers … and then you have something to hand when you do feel hungry.

• posted by Seashell
    on

Thanks to all for your input. Until I started eating on this plan the eat what your given wasn’t an issue. I just seem to notice when I’m feeling full and look at what’s on my plate and think this is crazy. I’ll definitely be using some of your ideas. Thanx

Please log in or register to post a reply.