First Hypo ever at the gym!

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by sheilaslims
    on

Yesterday I suffered a major hypo – never had one before. I had taken a BP tablet immediately prior to starting my session with PT and not eaten as I read it would be OK. Its definitely not! Had to break the BSD and eat carbs. BP was low and pulse just 45! Nervous now about continuing this diet although I have lost10 over 3 weeks. Do you think it would be better to include a little carb like porridge or is this likely to have been a one off? I am not diabetic nor as far as I know pre diabetic but do have fatty liver, my main reason for this diet.

• posted by Bill1954
    on

Do you have confirmation that it was a hypo, ie a blood sugar reading ?
    It could be other factors that made yopu feel like this.
    On the occasions that I have had a hypo it manifested itself with profuse sweating, a headache and light headed feeling.
    I keep a packet of glucose tablets handy for these occasions.

• posted by Rlbodytrainer
    on

Firstly were you hydrated when you started your session. Some BP medications work by decrease fluid in the body. Also cutting calories and starchy carbs has a dialectic effect. Secondly, warm up for 20mins at a low intensity. Give you body a chance get get the fat metabolism going. The pt session should take in consideration your nutritional plan. If you haven’t all ready I would get clearance from your GP.

Please log in or register to post a reply.