First four hours!

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Sarah111
    on

Hello Everyone

I’m a great fan of Michael Mosley and got his book yesterday, haven’t read it all yet, (I will) but I wanted to get started today so the first day or two will probably be a bit of a traction time as I adjust my fridge content!
    So far today I’ve not eaten anything yet…. normally by now, (10.30am) I will have had my homemade muesli and possibly be thinking about a snack to keep me going until lunch, I have drunk lots!
    I’m at home for a few days so can make some of the recipes which look great so thank you for those and I will aim to freeze things that I can.
    I am concerned about when I return to work, I work in a hotel restaurant and we get fed, which is great but…… some of the shifts are long and one or two days a week you may not have access to food for 4 – 5+ hours, (always have drinks available). On those days I fill up on a large breakfast at work, understandably I want to change that but it is a very hot and busy environment and I can’t afford to start feeling lightheaded etc. The other issue is you can’t eat the same time each day because of times you start work. In the past when time is short I have used milkshake replacements, (a very famous slim….t diet company). Will it still be okay to use these sometimes or will it defeat the object of the diet? I love veg, raw and cooked so will still be able to eat those at some point during the day and can get the protein from meat and fish etc… it will however be rather difficult to know how many calories I’m getting, hence the milkshake replacement would help me to count the calories.
    Thank you all for being here with your suggestions and great support of others…… I’m off to get breakfast now!

Please log in or register to post a reply.