First Day

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Radia
    on

Hello
    This is my first day of the diet. I have diagonised with pre diabetes and am trying to avoid the medication.
    I thought if I kept a diary online, this would hopfully keep me on track. I have two stone to lose. I would love to hear from anyone who is also starting out.
    I am feeling hungry already, will try and have a coffee to get through it.

Sonia

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Hi and good luck as you set out on your quest.

As someone who has been with the BSD for quite sometime now, I can advise a coffee with a little cream will definitely help to keep the pangs at bay, because of the extra fat content.

Hope you will be reporting good results soon.

• posted by SueBlue
    on

Hi and welcome Sonia! I felt very hungry during the first 4 days or so, but it gets easier after that 🙂
    A cup of coffee Takes the edge off between meals, as is sparkling water, miso soup, veggie soup, fruit teas (nice hot or cold), also things like s slice of ham, small piece of cheese or chicken, or a tablespoon of Greek yoghurt (just don’t forget to track the calories 🙂 I also keep a small snack bag with almonds in my handbag. A few times I’ve been absolutely starving on the way home from work and having a couple of almonds has really helped.
    Good luck!

• posted by Radia
    on

Hello
    I managed to get though the first day, but had a terrible second day. I just did not plan my meals, so ending up having bread which I love and then it was a downwards spiral from them. I am so upset with myself.
    Thank you so much fro you words of encouragement and support, I am going to be back on it tomorrow. I now have a meal plan.
    Will keep you updated.
    Sonia

• posted by SunnyB
    on

The great thing about the BSD, Sonia, is that it is quite forgiving. Don’t waste time beating yourself up for the problem on day two. We’re all human and we all slip from time to time. You will be a bit more vigilant next time and will hopefully be able to shut things down earlier, but don’t worry about it now – what’s done is done and it’s a waste of energy to dwell on it.

Hopefully you are back on track today and I’m sure you will still see good results at the end of the week weigh-in, despite the blip on day two. Just stay focused and try to keep on track – one day at a time.

Please log in or register to post a reply.