First day

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by SueSue1951
    on

Am convinced that this is the diet for me. Am a bit confused, at one point I thought I must not eat bananas yet they are in some recipes, help. I am going to concentrate on ditching the carbs. Another question do i need to weigh everything? What abouts nuts, how many can I have a day. Looking forward to eating avocado again

• posted by Christi1948
    on

Hi SueSue1951,

When I started I cut out all the usual carbs, plus most fruit, berries are the best fruit to have, blueberries strawberries, rhubarb, and passion fruit are my favourites. You can get an app that tells you the carb value of all food which helps.

A lot of us bsd ers, count the carbs rather than the calories, however if you feel more comfy weighing everything than do that, I weigh a lot of foods if I’m not sure about the total count for a meal,

Again, as to the nuts, check on an app that counts both calories and carbs, it will give you an idea how many are ok, I have an occasional apple, pear is high in carbs so I steer clear of them generally. I haven’t had a banana since February!

The lettuce bacon and avocado is a great breakfast or lunch, I have adapted it so we all eat it, I do iceberg lettuce, chopped avocado and bacon cut up with the radish sliced into it as well. It’s a lovely meal, I also dribble a little xtra virgin olive oil on it!

The app I use is called fat secret, have a look at it and see if it’s what you could use?

I hope this goes some way to helping you out? Good luck and keep posting.
    Christine

• posted by SueSue1951
    on

Thanks for encouraging me. I will download the app fat secret, once I start eating nuts I can’t stop!!! LIke crisps but they are not in the house now!
    Bananas, another hunger filler for me but will not buy anymore,. Breakfast was great this morning – full fat plain yogurt absolutely bliss!! haven’t had one for ages! A few days meals already planned, bought in, that is the danger when I have nothing in that I should eat. I think oh I have to make do but this is not going to be the way for the next 8 weeks. Am going to buy scales as I usually go by my trousers and how they fit but I have loads of size 12 trousers that I cannot squeeze into!!!!

I have fitbit so I am doing my 10,000 steps a day, at least most days as sometimes I do loads more as I have to so I do carry some of those over in my mind. I can keep a calorie count on that as well. Have downloaded the app!
    Will keep posting as and when
    Thank you

• posted by Christi1948
    on

Hi SusSue1951,
    When I first started, I found out from other bsd members that Fage full fat total Greek yogurt was the best one to get, I have used that ever since, it is lovely and creamy, see if you can get it next time you do a shop, it’s in a big rounder tub, rather than a tall thin tub! Make sure you get the total not the 0% one.
    Christine

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Lidls Turkish style yogurt is 10% fat, thick and creamy and is only £1.40ish for a litre tub. Its delicious and makes a great base to which you can add berries, seeds etc. Definitely keep a close eye on the carbs, as they can sneak up on you and hinder progress.

Please log in or register to post a reply.