Finally saw a dietitian

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Barrynk
    on

Having seen my GP, who said he would support me on the Optifast diet, as long as I saw a dietitian first, I had the meeting with a dietitian yesterday, who said she would support me on the diet if my diabetes doctor said it was OK.
    All passing the buck it would seem……….

What worried me though, was that the dietitian said that doing the diet could cause me eye problems, does anyone know if this was just scare tactics or is a real possibility.

• posted by Bill1954
    on

Hi Barry
    the only mention of eye problems in the book (and one which I did experience) is that, if you already suffer from retinopathy, it can make it temporarily worse. I did get a bleed after the first week but subsequent examination show the retinal blood vessels to be in a much improved condition.
    Hope that helps.

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Buck passing is sooo annoying! It means neither of them know enough to advise you!!! Bill took the risk so I would follow his advise if I were you 🙂

• posted by Barrynk
    on

Thanks Bill,

• posted by Barrynk
    on

Yes, I think I will start the diet as soon as possible, fingers crossed.

Please log in or register to post a reply.