fell off wagon once after 5 weeks – feel horrible

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Burtie
    on

So I’m 5 weeks into fast 800. Both myself and husband lost a stone in 4 weeks but then stalled completely , think I lost motivation then . Had a nice sunday planned , friend in need derailed that and somehow we found ourselves eating a ham bagette and a chocolate bar. Worst part is I didn’t even really want it but was just so bored of the same meals and bored in general! I live overseas and have no oven and shopping for ingredients is a treasure hunt all over town and can’t get many things – I have managed about 18 different reciepes that I repeat but can’t cook half of whats in the books for the afore mentioned reasons.
    Today I feel horrible – nauseous, stomach hurts , headache , worse than ever thirst – this is from my binge yesterday isn’t it ? It’s not conincidence is it ? Can anyone explain the biology behind it ?
    Also why since we started this is there a never ending insatiable thirst (worse then ever today ?)
    Also why did we just stop losing after being so by the book and following everything perfectly ???

On the plus side feel so horrible am right back on it !!

• posted by Esnecca
    on

When weight loss stalls it’s called a plateau and it’s just your body’s way of resetting itself. It’s very common. If you type “plateau” into the search box on the top left of your screen, you’ll find about two billion threads on the topic, most of which were started by someone in full meltdown mode because they hit a wall even though they followed the diet to a T.

As far as your home cooking restrictions, not having an oven is a major challenge. I’d probably lean as heavily as possible on cold foods — salads, canned tuna, antipasto-style marinated mushrooms, sauerkraut, deli meats (smoked turkey, roast chicken, roast beef), cheese, avocado, fennel — or things that can be cooked in a pan stovetop, like eggs (poached, boiled, fried) or sauteed veggies (zucchini, mushrooms, green beans, spinach, broccoli, cauliflower).

I know it’s a painful thing to feel like you’re working so hard with so little payoff and yeah, all the counting and planning gets to be a heavy burden when the results aren’t showing on the scale. So you fell off the wagon. It happens. Whether it derails all the great progress you’ve made is entirely your decision. You could let it drag you down, or you can stop beating yourself up, write off the ham baguette and chocolate as simple humanity and get right back on the plan. I vote for the option two. 🙂

• posted by SueBlue
    on

Burtie, I’ve gone without an oven for 2-3 years at a time in the past. What really helped was a slow cooker and an electric frying pan – I was able to cook just about anything I needed to (including roasts) with those 2 appliances. A sandwich press is also useful for grilling thin pieces of chicken breast, salmon, veggies etc.
    I’ve fallen off the wagon quite a few times in the 11 weeks since I started. Best thing to do is to just start again from the very next meal. The odd bad day is not going to undo the progress you have made so far 🙂

• posted by Burtie
    on

Thanks everyone for great encouragement – all you say is quite correct . Esnecca I have taken option 2! Sue Blue I’d been considering a slow cooker for some time and now you’ve given me the push to get one , Many Thanks !

Please log in or register to post a reply.