Fell off the wagon last night

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Igorasusual
    on

Well, I knew that I was going out to dinner, and I’d saved my calories for it, looked at the menu at the restaurant ahead of time, and picked a possible sensible choice. And even counted in a glass of red wine.

But then, of course, when I got there, it was white wine (did anyone know more calories than red?) of which I drank perhaps a little more than intended, and the way the meal was ordered meant I had two starters – although, being smoked salmon, and then scallops, the choices weren’t too bad.

The most terrible thing was, though, that after that wine I felt hungry again very soon after – and actually went to Pret a Manger and had an avocado salad wrap (461 calories 46 carbs!!!) and when I got home I had two slices of seeded bread and butter.

Didn’t really expect that sort of effect, and can only assume it was the wine as the food wasn’t carb heavy. And nor is wine!

The difference to what I would usually do is, that I’ve put it all down on My Fitness Pal instead of pretending it wasn’t happening, and calculate that the whole meal+binge was 1300cals and 98 carbs, taking my daily total to 1650 cals and 98 carbs.

Not actually too bad – apart from the bread and the wrap part of the salad wrap – and I’m right back on the wagon today, with a total of about 600 cals and 20 carbs planned for today.

My dinner will be a very yummy hot green chilli pepper stir-fried quickly with some courgettes and mangetout peas, with a poached salmon fillet added at the end to warm through, served with a cup of Itsu miso soup. Had it before and it’s fabulous.

• posted by Athorn223
    on

The important thing to remember is to get back up again. I’ve been on my weight loss journey for a year now and I’m 1 lb away from losing 40 lbs. Recognizing and being accouable for binging is a great step, it’s also vital to remember that today is a new day. You can’t bring yesterday’s mistakes into today’s possibilities. Always get back up, because in the big scheme of things a cheat every now and then isn’t a bad thing, it’s living!

• posted by Igorasusual
    on

How right you are, Athorn 223!

• posted by Igorasusual
    on

Congratulations on your fantastic weight loss, by the way, really well done! Very inspirational!

• posted by Stacey
    on

I had a 2 week break after 18 days on BSD 800 and I only put back on half of the kilos I had lost. What surprised me was it only took 4 days to lose it again. The worst part was the first 3 days getting the sugar out of my system again. I’m back on track and lost another 5 kilos in the last 2 weeks. It really works.

• posted by Athorn223
    on

Thanks!!

• posted by Californiagirl
    on

Hi Igorausual — your experience should be chalked up as a victory — first of all, you made good choices at the restaurant and you identified what set you off — a bit too much wine — then you ate something reasonable on the way home — you might have eaten three candy bars and a carton of ice cream 😜 but at least you picked a functional protein/fat/carb sandwich. AND, to top it off, your daily calories were within an average person’s DIET day — I would say this was a great learning experience! Now you can use it to identify what works/doesn’t work. Plus you are mentally back on track today. I think 9/10ths of this whole thing is understanding our personal eating patterns and finding coping strategies. It is trial and error and there’s no trial without error!!

• posted by Igorasusual
    on

Thank you, Californiagirl! Apart from the slightly catastrophic fail – i.e. once I’d had the wrap, going for 2 slices of bread and butter too – I have moved on from it all, and back in control.

• posted by Izzy
    on

well done for getting right back on it 🙂

I believe ‘getting back on the wagon’ is the true secret to success, no matter which food plan a person follows.

Please log in or register to post a reply.