Feeling weak and craving sugar

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by wheelie01
    on

Hi there, I started the Blood Sugar Diet yesterday and am feeling fairly bad today. I slept awfully, woke up with the shakes (I don’t drink!), had a few strawberries with yoghurt which helped the shakes, but I just can’t concentrate and feel really weak. Is this normal? It’s a tough one for me to do as I have two small boys so the house still has ‘special treats’ in it such as biscuits (which I am desperate for right now!). My husband is really worried that I’m going to make myself ill on this diet. Can anyone please advise me that you get past this stage soon? Thanks.

• posted by topcac
    on

Hi Wheelie 01

Absolutely positively definitely 100% this is normal and it will pass! It is carb withdrawal and once your body starts to burn fat instead you will be fine (about 48 hours). My first day (admittedly only on day 5 now) I got a migraine, threw up my dinner and felt absolutely awful. By day three I was fine. Hang in there and step away from the biscuits!

Good luck and keep posting on here, everyone is really supportive, encouraging and helpful

• posted by Snoop
    on

Hi wheelie01, if you’ve got the book, you could pass it to your OH. There’s nothing like information for allaying people’s fears.
    Topcac’s right: you’ll start to feel better soon. In fact, if you’re anything like me, you’ll start to feel better than you have for a while. I feel more alert, ready for more action and I sleep really well. Give it a few days and you’ll really notice the difference.
    And another thing Topcac is right about: everyone on here is really friendly, supportive and informative. There are people on here who have been doing this diet for a while and have lost a lot of weight and regained their health. Anything you’re going through, they will have been through too, and they’ll be able to help you.
    Good luck.

• posted by wheelie01
    on

Thank you both so much for your replies… It has boosted my morale no end and convinced me to go on! I’m quite shocked by my body’s reaction to cutting out sugar and am horrified to realise quite how dependent, physically and emotionally, I am to it. Have been fantasising about ‘angel delight’ (my secret vice), and a cup of tea with a handful of Biscuits. Aaaarh! I’m not grossly overweight but just fed up with being a podgy matronly looking 40 something. It’s been a very hard 6 years since I had the first of my children – lots of comfort eating through physical exhaustion/ little sleep/ PND but I think I’ve got to the point now where I’ve realised that I’ve got to do something about my eating habits and my long term health prospects so here goes! I may be needing you all! Thank you…

• posted by topcac
    on

I also meant to say drink drink drink water like it’s going out of fashion – If you hate water drink fruit teas, herbal teas, water with slices of lemon /lime in them anything but drink – flush all those nasty carbs away.

Most of us on here were addicted to carbs – it’s easily done – bread is the devil! Keep strong and you will feel really good very soon.

Sending a virtual hug { }

• posted by Pukkapies5
    on

On day 4 I had bad cravings but a boiled egg sorted me out. I feel a little light headed today but that is down to not planning properly. Some yoghurt and fruit will sort me out I’m sure. Keep the faith!

Please log in or register to post a reply.