Feeling really irritable!

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by SchnitzelVonKrumm
    on

Hi, I am halfway through my second week. Enjoyed food so far and pleased with results (down nearly 10 pounds yay!). Today I feel really irritable. I am a grump! I am not usually like this (I hope). Anyone else experienced this?

on

Hmmm. Maybe a slice of wholemeal toast would make me feel better…

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Step away from the toast! 😀
    Oh am so sorry to hear this SCHNITZEL! I ve found that avoiding the carbs has generally made me less jittery and calmer.
    Tho i do get irritable easily,maybe due to health probs..its horrible isnt it when you feel grumpy!
    Are you feeling tense?
    Maybe try a meditation or listening to a soothing visualisation..lots of stuff on ebay. Or watching something that will really make you laugh despite yrself! Or some favourite songs. Or going for a massage or reiki.
    Sometimes i get tension just in my jaws as if my mouth wants to eat even tho my tum is ok. Crunching a stick of celery takes the tension out.
    Well done on yr ten pound loss..isnt that wonderful to shed a large amount of weight so fast! Such a great start,keep up the good work! X

• posted by Igorasusual
    on

Resist if you can! Because it may not make you feel any better.

It’s the carbs trying to hang on – pesky little blighters.

Can you say to yourself you will wait till tomorrow to see if you REALLY want the toast?

on

Those are great tips thanks Yowzer. I do need to pay more attention to the mindfulness chapter. I chewed some gum and cleaned the kitchen. I have not eaten the toast. Yet. I am going out for a walk now!

I think the carbs are fighting back Ignorasusual. I am going to be move myself from the house until it passes 😁

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

SCHNITZ well done! I did something similar two days ago..i felt like i was ready for my dinner by about3pm! Cleaned out a cupboard and forgot all about dinner! X diversionary tactics help x!

on

Thank you. My house will sparkle by the end of 8 weeks!!

on

Just updating to say I am nearing end of Week 4 and feel great! The irritability didn’t last long so if anyone else is feeling out of sorts just keep going because it gets better quickly.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Oh thats great SCHNITZEL! You beat it! Well done x!

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Are you still ok SCHNITZ? X

Please log in or register to post a reply.