Feeling nauseous and no appetite

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Vickiecee
    on

Hi my hubby and I have been on the BSD for 7 weeks now, and both have lost a considerable amount of weight, however I feel quite sickly on a daily basis, and find I now don’t feel like eating and have no appetite, I don’t have diabetes, does anyone else feel like this?

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Hi Vickiecee, I cannot help with your problem but maybe you should speak to your doctor. Loss of appetite can be for many reasons but there is the possibility that you have restricted your diet so much that things no longer appeal to you. I know that sometimes when I have cooked a big meal I cannot face it when I sit down to eat. Maybe you need to eat little and often or maybe introduce more foods to get your appetite back. There is a condition called orthorexia where you become obsessed with avoiding certain foods. I certainly suffer that a bit as I feel sick at the thought of eating certain carbs, but to a higher degree it can actually become a physical aversion rather than just a lifestyle choice. Have a think about what it is exactly you are feeling and then maybe discuss it with your doctor.

• posted by Jo Gardner
    on

Hi Vickiecee I would definitely discuss it with your doctor. Very rarely a few people are found to need the carbs in their diet. Their body can’t cut them back as this diet requires. And they get very sick without a certain amount of carbs daily. Or perhaps you could test yourself to see if you have this problem by measuring how many carbs you are actually eating now and then raising that level by a few carbs each day to see if you feel better on higher carbs. I’m not in any way medically trained, only going on what I have read about. But those special folk got well again once they started to eat carbs again.

• posted by nomoresugarhighs
    on

Hello, I also have nausea – but I’ve realised it’s not nausea, it’s HUNGER but I haven’t felt hungry for so long it feels like something is wrong and I’ve been interpreting that as hunger. I have a cup of tea and it goes away. Could this be the same for you?

Please log in or register to post a reply.