Feeling Dizzy – Second Day

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Hammerbabe
    on

Hi All,

I have started to feel dizzy today which is my second day. I am making sure that I am drinking enough water

Does anyone have an tips on how to combat this as I have an Aqua Aerobics class tonight?

Thanks

• posted by CallMeDeb
    on

Up your carbs a bit, have a piece of fruit. Make sure you keep hydrated. It will pass. If it doesn’t get it checked out.

Cheers,

Deb

• posted by Baristagirls
    on

Make sure you are having enough salt. That can sometimes make us dizzy

• posted by topcac
    on

I probably wouldn’t up your carbs if I’m honest – it is almost definitely a symptom of ‘carb flu’, which is what you feel when your body is switching from burning glucose for energy to burning fat for energy (which is a great thing btw!). You may feel a little off for a while but adding more salt to your diet, like baristagirls suggest, will definitely help. With all the water drinking comes a flushing of vital salts from our body so you will need to replenish that. I never used to add salt to anything but nowadays I find putting a little on my meals really helps (I’m in week 6 so hardly an expert but did have a few days where I felt lightheaded). It may only last a few days but can be really ‘bleugh’ so hang in there and hope you feel ok for aqua tonight 🙂

• posted by Baristagirls
    on

Great advice from topcac. Hope you feel better soon

• posted by Hammerbabe
    on

Thanks Debs, I will bear that in mind. I am having 2.5 Litres of water a day

• posted by Hammerbabe
    on

Thanks Topac, as you rightly said my body is just adjusting to not having all the refined carbohydrates. I am determined that I am not going to give up. I was ok in the pool last night apart from when they made us go in circles. That is when I got dizzy. I tend not to have salt on my food but will try a little to see if that helps😀

• posted by Hammerbabe
    on

Thanks Baristagirls. I am sure it will pass 😀

Please log in or register to post a reply.