Feeling a bit despondent!

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by paula121s
    on

Hi,
    I started on Saturday and weighed in at 84.9kg height 5ft 2 waist 42″. I have mobility problems so struggle with activity as it causes pain.

Despite religiously counting calories I have weighed myself and am now 84.8kg. I thought in the first week the weight was meant to fall off you?

Has anyone else had this problem? Does anyone know if the effect will be a lot slower due to my mobility?

I am still sticking with it as its early days. I also believe that the less I weigh the lower my BM will be also my mobility will improve.

• posted by Bill1954
    on

Hi Paula
    weight loss is an individual thing so don’t worry about being a slow starter.
    I didn’t get weighed until the end of my first week but I did check my blood sugar readings every day, first day 9.8, second day 9.6, third day 12 !!! then it started to drop until this morning it was 6.8
    Stick with the diet, if you need any encouragement look no further than these forums, we’re all in this together and happy to help.

• posted by paula121s
    on

Thank you Bill for the encouragement. I’ve decided not to weigh myself again until the weekend. Your so right about everyone being different, I have been working on small activities I can do each day so hoping that will also help. At the end of the day I will still be healthier even if it’s a bit slow!

• posted by Katie B
    on

Hi Paula,
    Don’t despair! I agree with Bill, check blood sugar daily but get weighed a little less often. I’m 2 weeks in now and put on weight on Saturday for no good reason. I was so fed up! However, a few days on and I’ve lost it and a bit extra so it will happen.
    Hopefully your mobility will be helped with a bit of weight loss so hang in there.

• posted by paula121s
    on

Hi Kate & Bill,

Thank you for your post. What a difference a day has made! I haven’t weighed myself today and have decided I will wait till the end of the week. However, I checked my blood sugar this morning – the main reason for me doing the diet – and it has gone down to 5.4 so I am ecstatic. I have a fasting blood test own Friday at GP’S so aiming for it to be under 5 by then which I think is realistic.

I found it really helpful yesterday getting both your posts, so a big thank you. I was reading in the book that stress place a part in dieting and I did have quite a stressful day with hospital appointments. I think that possibly focused on the negative. I still stuck to the diet and as I said yesterday if I keep to the 800 cals a day then I will lose weight.

Thank you for your support.

• posted by Bill1954
    on

Great to hear Paula 🙂
    That’s what these forums are for, we all have off days where everything gets on top of you and nothing seems to be going right
    A couple of comments on the forum can act like a virtual hug to make you feel warm and comfy again.

Please log in or register to post a reply.