Fatty liver issue but not overweight

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by AlexH
    on

Dear all,
    Apologies for any repitition here. I posted two similar posts on other threads and then stumbled across this page. I am 39 years old and was diagnosed with mild IBD (crohn’s) in April 2019. I have some mild fatty deposits in my liver and my liver enzyme levels are too high. Gastroenterologist recommend I read the book and I have started to do so. I am not overweight at all (76kgs with a BMI of 21.2). Have not drunk alcohol in a very long time. As far as am aware my insulin levels are normal and I am not pre diabetic.

The 800 calorie a day plan isnt going to work for me as I do not need to head in the underweight area but I do need to find a way to remove this fat from my liver. Happy to do the Mediterranean plan diet but am unsure as to how much I can eat and portion size. As long as I remove starchy carbs from my diet will my liver slowly return to normal as long as i follow the M plan diet?

If anyone is in a similar situation to me I would appreciate any advice. Not sure what to do really.
    Many thanks.

Please log in or register to post a reply.