Fasting blood glucose level

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Tofa
    on

Hi all, after a light yogurt snack before bed wake up at 6.45a.m. and blood sugar level is 5.2. After half an hour in bed with very weak black tea (morning cuppa) check blood glucose level again and its 4.6, which I much prefer of course!! Looking back over my readings 7.30 am always produces a more optimistic level than 6.45 am.???? Very odd, any explanation? ?Also the mornings I go to the gym after breakfast it would seem my readings of “2 hours after eating breakfast ” are higher than when I don’t exercise on at least a few occasions. Any thoughts please. ? Thanks Tofa

• posted by SkyWalker
    on

Surely if you stress your bodily systems with exercise it will release sugar to help you cope with the exercise but there may be a time lag. As soon as you wake you will start increasing energy consumption and energy release to sustain it – I don’t know if this is an adequate explanation but hopefully somebody else on here will butt in with more info/experience?

Please log in or register to post a reply.