Fast 800 Newbies

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Jdhdg
    on

Just starting out of the Fast 800 journey and looking for some company and tips! I’m overweight at 30 and looking to lose between 20-25kgs (sorry, I struggle to understand pounds)! I’m currently in day 4. Day 1-2 were relatively easy, apart from my mood and day 3 was a real struggle! I think my body thought the first 2 days were a joke but it didn’t find it funny anymore! Day 4 has been easier but I cant seem to shake the hunger pangs. I’ve also noticed that I’m drinking my country (Australia) dry. I’m interested to know peoples thoughts on drinking alcohol while doing fast800 and some tips on going to dinner parties that centre around roast dinners! Can i find a healthy way to eat with friends?

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Welcome Jdhdg. It’s early days for you yet and your body is putting in objections – hence the hunger. If you can, it’s best to avoid alcohol at least for the first few weeks, as alcohol messes with liver function, which in turn messes with weight loss. Roast dinners are not a problem, a few slices of roast meat and plenty of veggies (preferably of the green leafy kind) is fine for the BSD way of eating. It can feel daunting balancing social events with the BSD regime initially, but you’ll soon get the hang of it. Finally, good hydration is essential, so keep drinking plenty of water.

Hope to see you out and about on other threads on the forum. We are a friendly supportive bunch and always eager to share experience and knowledge with newcomers. Best wishes to you for success.

• posted by Jdhdg
    on

Hi SunnyB! Thanks for the support! I survived a Christmas in July roast dinner this weekend which was at first a pretty daunting idea and I don’t seem to be getting hunger pangs anymore! I’m looking forward to the rest of the journey each day, which is not something I originally thought I could in the early first few days!

• posted by SunnyB
    on

So glad it went well this weekend and your hunger has subsided. The early days can feel very daunting, making the idea of sticking with the regime feel all but impossible, however, once you have really got into the stride of things, it all starts to feel natural – second nature and does become a complete way of life.
    Stick with it and please do join in on other threads – the weekly one is a good one to join, as it’s populated by old and new BSDers and offers great support and advice.

Please log in or register to post a reply.