falling off the wagon

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by theansweris
    on

Will the diet still work if , for a few days, I did not follow it? i.e. went out drinking for a couple of evenings. Do I have to start the 8 weeks again? I have done 11 days and lost six pounds but four of those days I had about 2000 cals due to red wine.

• posted by Igorasusual
    on

No worries, forgive yourself and get back on the wagon. It will probably take you just a few days to lose anything you put on. I should keep your original 8 week target – if you get close to that and decide to extend it a bit, you can. Many people do.

Good luck!

• posted by theansweris
    on

Aw thank you for replying. I will keep to it. I tell myself its worth it if , after 10 years of diabetes, it could all be cured in just 8 weeks. It seems to good to be true but it must be?

good luck to you too x

• posted by Igorasusual
    on

If you look at the posts on this forum you will see some great stories of success – try looking up Bill1954 and Captainlynne. Bill’s thread This has to Work is a great study of persistence to a triumphant result.

And Lucia is an inspiration to us all.

You will find all sorts of benefits from the BSD, I’m sure. 🙂

• posted by Rubbu
    on

You haven’t fallen off completely ! It’s just a couple of days… Try and keep off starchy carbs post booze, and get back on the wagon today eating minimal carbs/ sugar. Have a look back at previous days and pick the food/recipes you have enjoyed most. Start there and start back on fast800! You can do it! I fell off for 2 months but stuck to key principles and gained very little in weight . When you drink have try and alternate…glass of wine then pint of water before your next glass of wine ….. Start again and keep going till you hit your target weight. You can do it !!!

• posted by CaravanSue
    on

2nd attempt for me and I ad a bit of a glitch but still going and I have lost 3.4 kgs in 2 weeks, so needless to say I’m feeling oretty good. Only wish I could understand why my overnight fasting levels seem to be up. During the day they are in the 5’s but morning they are in the 7’s and up some????
    But keep on going you will get there

• posted by theansweris
    on

Got up this morning and am feeling great. I am really grateful for all this fab advice. Iv been back on the wagon for for days so I count this as day 12. My starting weight was 14st 1 lb , fist thing in the morning and my blood was 10.1mmol. This morning I am 13st 9lb and my blood is 8.2. So yes It is working 🙂 .

To CaravanSue, I have just been thinking exactly the same thing. Later on in the day my blood could be in the 7s. I think my doctor said something about it being normal as the boday works hard when asleep.

Thanks to all.

Please log in or register to post a reply.