FAILURE – Courgette & Pumpkin Seed Muffin

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by LJO
    on

Just another note to let the BSD know that the Courgette & Pumpkin Seed Muffin recipe must be flawed! What a waste of so much high quality, high cost ingredients (I was stupid enough to do a double batch because I was so excited and was going to freeze a batch). The entire lot went into the bin (sad face). I tried to re-cook them with a nob of organic butter on top and still failed – raw inside (another sad face). I’m so upset… and now even though I have all the ingredients for the Guilt Free Brownies in my kitchen cupboard I’m too nervous to make them… or maybe I’ll just read the blogs before I go ahead this time!

• posted by bizzylizzy
    on

I tried these and they were a total disaster – the birds got them. And I was upset too by the waste of money and ingredients. I’ve decided not to try any of the “sweet” recipes in the book. That recipe can’t have been tested, can it?

• posted by Switzerland
    on

Hi everyone, I cooked the Zucchini (Courgette for everyone in the Northern Hemisphere, lol) and Pumpkin Seed muffins this morning and they turned out beautifully. I wondered how I would go with 1 for breakfast – it was filling and satisfying. I’ve never cooked with coconut flour before.

Things I noticed while making them: 1. The final mixture seemed dry, but when touched had moisture in it. 2. There was no way that I could place spoonfuls of mixture into the muffin cases (the mixture seemed crumbly) so I used my hands and pressed the mixture in.
    3. I baked them for 13 minutes (remember, oven times vary).
    I hope this helps because the muffin was delicious and other BSDers should enjoy them. I intend freezing some for emergency meals.
    It’s Week 1 Day 5 for me today and I’m still on a steep learning curve

• posted by KathM
    on

Hi Switzerland, I just made these too. But they were crumbly and tasted horrible. I wish I’d read your post first.
    Maybe I was hoping for a sweet cake muffin texture and flavour.
    I think the suggestion of giving them to the birds is a great idea. I wonder if they will eat them!!

• posted by Hawks
    on

I made these and they worked out OK. I have frozen them for occasional use as required.
    My oven is dodgy, with no good tmperature control, so I had to monitor them carefully, and ended up baking them longer, and my mixture was quite wet.

I didn’t expect a sweet flavour, and added some chopped chillies, spring onion, and spices to emphasize the savoury flavours.

They didn’t rise much at all, so are quite dense and small, but still a pleasant texture.

• posted by Switzerland
    on

They’re really nice with a tablespoon of full fat natural yoghurt.

• posted by BSD
    on

There horrible. I went with a Paleo Chocolate Brown instead they are very very Lovely

• posted by Firsttimer
    on

I think the problem with courgettes is they vary so much in water content depending on how large they are and how long they’ve been growing so maybe that’s why the results are so variable. I’ve also noticed that shop bought courgetti spaghetti varies from store to store. Morrisons was perfect, ASDA dreadful as there was far too much “middle” in there, seeds and all, so the “noodles” fell to mush when cooked.

• posted by Mims
    on

Loving the diet but not the muffins-I made 20 out of the mixture and put the lot in the bin. That’s a first for me to throw food away!!

Please log in or register to post a reply.