Exercise & Carb/protein/fat proportions -BSD newbie!

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by FattyMcFatFace
    on

Hi all,
    Tomorrow is D day: starting BSD. Never done it before. Bought the book and am totally sold. I’m all set up on my fitness pal, but the proportions section kind of made me think… how many grams/ what proportion of carb:protein:fat is best to work to? I’m not pre-diabetic (it’s only a matter of time though!) but am 2.5-3 stone overweight.

Also, I really need to sort out my exercise (or lack of it) as well as diet. I’m keen to do couch to 5k. Did anyone start the BSD and an exercise plan at the same time or would it be best to settle into BSD/ get over the tough first week or two before dusting off the Lycra and trainers?

Thanks so much! I can’t wait to feel the burn- calories and exercise wise!

🙂

• posted by AnnieW
    on

Hi and welcome. Hope the link below works but if not find the 20th feb starters forum and on page 4 there is a post by LindaA which has served many of us well. https://thebloodsugardiet.com/forums/topic/20th-feb-starters/page/4/#post-58403

C25k is brilliant. If you are not using the nhs one then please do look for it. I did it several years ago (and am still running 3 times a week, although not at the moment as I am injured ) when there was only podcasts available. Now there is also an app as well. There is also a brilliant, supportive forum – much like this one 😀. Google (other search engines available – apparently 😃) “NHS c25k forum” and you should find it. If you’re not used to exercise then perhaps give BSD a week or two to settle in, too many changes at once can be a bit overwhelming and if you are moving from a high carb diet you may well get the ‘carb flu’. If you do take lots of water, which you should be doing anyway, and take paracetamol or similar to relieve any headache. You could always listen to the first week while going out for a walk to get a feel for it.

Best wishes for your new lifestyle

• posted by FattyMcFatFace
    on

AnnieW- thank you so much, that’s massively helpful. Will take a look at LindaA’s post and the NHS C25K. Am currently day 4… so far so good! 🙂

Please log in or register to post a reply.