Exciting results

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Wendymay54
    on

My husband who is “was” type 2 diabetes and I who was overweight decided to give this a go ..Well after 12 hard weeks of dieting 800 calorie a day and about 20 carbs , we have lost 4 stone 10lb between us ,,about equal each ,,no medication has been taken for 11 weeks ..the blood test results are in ,,cholesterol , liver function , and glucose all good no action required HbA1c test almost non diabetic , in January it was 122 ,,, blood pressure normal to low . It’s had its ups and downs and tears but now we know that with exercise and diet you can beat type 2 diabetes . Calories have now been increased but keeping carbs low . I’ve been inspired and encouraged by Michael Mosley , The 8 week blood sugar diet and Dr David Cavan Reverse your Diabetes ,both definitely worth reading and following . I’ve weighed every piece of food that’s been eaten and cooked everything as well ,,there have been hungry days , sad days but here we are and it’s all been worth it . I hope this encourages others to stick with this to achieve their own personal goals

• posted by wendyq
    on

It’s inspiring to read your story,you must both be feeling great!

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Thanks Wendy, I am on a sad day but your post has given me new hope, I just need a couple of days to re-adjust. Great results for you both.

• posted by gettingthere
    on

I just returned from the doctor with my pre and post results and just had to tell someone how good they were. I did the diet for 12 weeks and lost 18kg. Hba1c on 29/3/2016 was 10.2 and on 29/7/2016 it was 6. My fasting blood sugar on 29/3/2016 was 14.8mmol and on 29/7/2016 it is 6.4mmol

Thank you for sharing this dr Michael as it has made an impact on my life now and an easy to change. I am doing the program in Australia for 12 weeks to loose the last 12 kg and to drop my fasting range down to below 6mmol but so many other benefits, BP down, Pulse down and weight down.

Thank you thank you thank you from an Aussie mum

• posted by Frog
    on

congratulations gotthere – fantastic results

Please log in or register to post a reply.