Even my wardrobe is slimmer!

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Squidge
    on

I’m feeling really pleased with myself – the only things in my wardrobe which didn’t fit are TOO BIG! They’re now in a bag ready to go down the charity shop, as I won’t be needing them ever again.

• posted by Dyl10
    on

Well done Squidge! You can look forward to some serious shopping! I am really pleased that after only 6 weeks of cutting out sugar and simple carbs I have shed 1 stone. Also no sugar cravings, feeling that I could eat everything in sight. Call it vanity, but actually I am enjoying the comments, was never seriously overweight but felt frumpy, actually looking forward to my health check!

• posted by Squidge
    on

I don’t think it’s particularly vain to feel pleased that you’ve got your eating under control, and the improvement to your health is clearly visible.

• posted by AuroraMagic
    on

Well Done Squidge! 🙂
    I too am now finding that my wardrobe is becoming too big! However I can tuck things in and so on to ‘slim the clothes down too’ !! 😀
    I too am so very pleased and thrilled that I feel in control of my weight and food.
    I had a slight increase over xmas round at a friends but it wasn’t ‘stupid’. But I’ve noticed I have hints of cravings for more sugar, so cut right back and just had a salad on boxing day and doing OK today. But an interersting ‘brain – desire’ with just a short dip of a bit of sugar! Shows just how powerful it is! Yeesh!
    But yes I think it’s absolutely right to feel good when you’ve worked hard to lose weight and feel proud of that.
    I too have had comments from people and it is just so very thrilling. I thought I’d never get ‘back to how I was’ many years back’ but I am. Still working on it but lost over 2 stone now. V slow but reasonably steady. 🙂

• posted by WoodDuckie
    on

Well done Squidge and I too know the “shedding” feeling! Over the past 6 months, four LARGE (garbage bags) have left my premises for repurposing and – everything currently in my wardrobe fits. However . . this week two more skirts and a couple of shirts have been found uncomfortable and untenable to retain . . . so . . . have started another bag which will be in my bedroom to receive something which when tried on getting ready to go somewhere . . . doesnt do the job . . . has somewhere to go! Rather sad in a way because they have been worn because they were liked and suited me 🙂 Now there is a third element to my wardrobe . . . they all have to fit nicely as well . . . not just cover me 🙂 Happy New Year all!!!

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Big congrats to all of you who are successfully ‘shrinking’ your wardrobes as well as your waistlines. It’s a wonderful feeling, being able to buy smaller sizes and opt for more fitted, stylish clothes, rather than resorting to things to simply cover a multitude of sins.

Enjoy your new shapes and repopulating your wardrobes with smaller clothes that you love.

• posted by AuroraMagic
    on

Cheers SunnyB
    Tell you what though… sadly I still choose clothes which cover my upper arms.
    I don’t know if the USA / Other Countries, use ‘bingo wings’ as a description of the ‘flab’ or flap that hangs from the upper arms ? But I still have this, albeit it a little smaller, but still ‘annoying’ & embarrassing, and in many ways upsetting. So I cover them up.
    I wonder if others have found what excerises are good to get rid of them?
    (I’m only just restarting to cycle and do a bit more excerise as my ankle slowly heals.)
    eg press ups?
    I’d love to feel as proud of my upper arms as I’m beginning to with most of the rest of my body! 😀

• posted by Squidge
    on

AuroraMagic, I have ‘bingo wings’ too – I think pretty much all women get them to some extent, especially if they’ve lost weight. Doesn’t mean we have to like it though!

I’ve been doing gentle arm exercises – raising my arms straight up over my head, arm curls, pec decks, punching out in front of me and raising my arms up at my sides. I do a few as I wait for the kettle to boil and any other odd moments (I suck my stomach in too, like doing a standing plank). Results aren’t dramatic, but I think it’s helping.

Please log in or register to post a reply.