Energy

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Janrg1
    on

Everyone talks about being energized on the BSD. I’m not. We take our dog to the lakes every Wednesday and walk for between 12-13000 steps. Last week, 2 days into the diet we did about 9000 but it was too hot for Rosie. This week 10 1/2 pounds down I had had enough at 9150. When am I going to feel the energy kick in? I was looking forward to that part.

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Janrg1, the being energised comes when your body is used to the lack of calories combined with the good effects of highly nutritious food. On day 2 of the diet you would be feeling shattered, your body is missing the bad carbs because you were addicted to sweet. It is like giving up coffee or alcohol, your body has a little tantrum and stamps its feet. I would suggest you continue to exercise but be kinder to yourself and take it easy. Around week 2 you will be skipping and jumping. Let us know how you are doing.

You also say it was hot, anyone would find exercise a challenge in heat they are not used to. Fear not it would come. You don’t say if you are diabetic and if you are you will know you have to take care not to hypo and count a few snacks into your daily 800 calories, carry a few nuts or raisins if you are out walking, drink lots and lots of water and keep well.

• posted by Janrg1
    on

It wasn’t hot today. But I see what you mean. I don’t intend to give in as I am thrilled to be under 16 stone for the first time in 30 years. I am already planning the celebrations for when I get under 15 stone

Please log in or register to post a reply.