EEK I'm a newbie with fibromyalgia and a hiatus hernia!

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Lottie 44
    on

I’m a newbie around here but have decided to go for it after seeing a friend do so well. I tried the 5:2 a couple of years ago but found I was eating more than usual on my non-fast days! I think I am an ‘all or nothing’, type person so I am going to go for the 800 and see what happens! I haven’t got high BS but I do put on a lot of weight around my middle very easily. I have fibromyalgia and a hiatus hernia and feel more unhealthy and weary than I have for many years. I’d love to hear from anyone who has either of these issues and seen success! Any top tips very gratefully received!!! 🙂

• posted by shalimar
    on

I just want to wish you good luck. Perhaps someone here is in a similar situation health-wise that might have some tips. The first week can be rough … people generally advise drinking lots of water to ward off hunger pangs and constipation.

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Hi Lottie

I also have fibromyalgia, among other medical conditions. I was also type 2 diabetic.

Since starting the BSD on 19th December I’ve learned st 7 stone (98 pounds) putting me in my healthy BMI for the first time in many decades.

At the age of 66, with various health issues, I now feel much better than in many years. Aches and pains have decreased, energy levels higher, thinking more clearly and better concentration.

If you check out my profile and/or my old posts you’ll see my BSD journey as it happened. Any questions please ask.

Best wishes for your BSD journey.

Please log in or register to post a reply.