Eek, I can't fit into "large" undies!!

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Greenhousechic
    on

Hello,
    Yesterday to my horror, I couldn’t fit into size Large underwear. This was a horrible wake-up call after months of elastic Jersey dresses (easily washed after work, I’ve worked all through the Covid-19 situation) and my beloved ScruffyMcGuffies (my garden clothes) although I think if I’m honest with myself there’s not a pair of jeans in this house that would comfortably accommodate me.
    So it’s time to do something.
    I didn’t cry for long, just a few hours!; I wrote out my menu and shopping lists and gathered my grittiest determination, and today I started.
    I will follow the book for a while until I get going. I’ve had: Greek yogurt with berries and seeds, Chicken, walnut and apple in lettuce cups, and Warm halloumi salad. Lots of water, some coffee. Tomorrow is a Green juice, more Lettuce cups but this time with tuna, and Pork and pinenut meatballs. I think I’m less bothered about calories and carbs and more seeking discipline for now.
    If anyone else is just starting off and would like to share the journey (let’s face it, we won’t be travelling much in any other way), then climb in the car and pick your CD.
    I weigh 10stone7. I hope to lose 10% of myself, just exhale it gently over the next few weeks, let’s see how it goes.
    Love from Greenhousechic
    PS The size Large underwear has been sent back!

on

Well that’s days one and two complete and I’m feeling well so far. The meatballs were good. Skinny chilli ready for tomorrow, I always think chilli needs time to mature, or maybe fester, hopefully the birds will have left some of my coriander unpecked.

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Well done so far Greenhousechic

on

Thank you Sunshine Girl, that’s kind of you.

on

I’m still plodding along.
    I’m working again tomorrow. I work some Sundays in Tesco. I like to check people’s trolleys, there’s an inner Gillian McKeith itching to interfere. I’m not hungry; I’m liking the smaller meals. I just always spent a lot of time thinking about food, it fascinates me, and on these Sundays I get to think about other people’s food.
    Tomorrow’s menu: cafe creme for breakfast; yogurt, raspberries and seeds for lunch; whatever Himself has cooked but without the carby bit for tea.
    Happy Glasgow Fair to any locals.

• posted by Jennie10
    on

Hi Greenhousechic
    I couldn’t resist coming on to say Hello because I love the title of this thread – sorry about that.
    Your menu sounds great and good idea about getting into the discipline of things. I’m not starting out but I’ll come over to say hello and cheer you on from time to time if that’s OK. Also, join in and post on any of the other threads if and when you want.
    Best wishes
    Jennie xx
    Hope himself cooks something nice!

on

Hello Jennie and thank you for your message.
    Himself did me proud with Spanish Chicken (chicken breast wrapped in serrano ham and then baked in a tomato sauce with olives and celery, and Manchego on the top).
    This morning I had what the book calls Green Juice. Actually it turned out brown. So I called it Jus du Jardin, pretentious but more appealing!; it was mostly from the garden, raspberries, blackcurrants, kale, cucumber, then coconut water from a packet, it’s hard to grow a coconut in Central Scotland.

Have a good day!

on

That’s the end of my first week and I’m 2 pounds down at 10 stone 5, not brilliant but I’m pleased enough with it. Just to keep it up now. Sausage and vegetable casserole tonight (imagine, a casserole in July!), from the Roy Taylor book. I admire this guy but his book is a bit of an effort to read.
    I’m not diabetic but have an interest in low carb diets for managing diabetes, I was due to do a course in April but Coronavirus put an end to that. This was our pre-course read. I don’t like the reliance on factory-produced dehydrated shakes, I’d be prescribing these,
    = moral dilemma! But some of the soups have been nice!

• posted by WindyJulz
    on

Good work Greenhousechic, bet your glad to have made it through week one. How do you feel?
    I’m like you – fascinated by food, and i think about it too much! haha!
    Keep going and pop into the weekly thread so we can all cheer you on as you go!
    🙂

on

Hello WindyJulz, and thanks for your message!
    I’m still plodding along though with less oomph as time goes on. Weighed the same as last Wednesday which was probably well deserved as we have been making potato scones with the harvest from the garden and they are quite wonderful, but a Double Carb, not really the path to smaller knickers.
    So this week I’ll plod away from the potatoes and hopefully something lower in carbs will ripen.
    I never thought I’d say this but I do miss my gym.

on

I didn’t remember to update!
    So I am now 9 stone 9. That’s pretty much my 10%. My version of BSD was quite relaxed, but maybe that good if it makes it more sustainable.
    Good luck on your journeys.

• posted by Squidge
    on

Well done, Greenhousechic!

I’m doing a relaxed version too. I’ve stayed in the healthy weight range for two years, except for lockdown! I’m back to healthy again, but would like to lose a few more pounds and get down to slim.

I’ve just thrown out my biggest baggiest gardening trousers. I don’t need clothes to wear when I put weight on, because I’m not going to do that. Having no clothes to wear to go out and buy food if I do gain should limit the damage I can do!

Please log in or register to post a reply.