Eating over 800 calories

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by bigeater
    on

While I have stuck to the 800 calories fairly rigidly, acouple of times I have eaten 1000 calories. Today I will probably eat 1500 calories as have a dinner to go to. I am exercising, swimming 1.5k most days and losing weight. I just want to know if these slip ups are catastrophic in terms of weight loss and the blood sugar diet. I would love to hear your opinions.

• posted by cmawp
    on

I’d say occasionally doing this is fine. It does depend on what the 1500 calories is made up of. Technically on a 1500 cal diet you will still lose weight.

But…

If the excess is alcohol and/or simple carbs, you may see a small gain and then a rapid loss of this gain if you stay on plan in the days after. This is just a little water retention if you’ve eaten carbs – the body has released insulin to break down the sugars and probably created some glycogen to store in your muscles. This involves water retention. So no actual fat gain really on a one-off 1500 calorie day.

• posted by bigeater
    on

Thanks for your thoughtful reply. I plan to steer clear of the carbs and alcohol so I can continue on my merry way. In 3 weeks my blood sugar has normalised but I still have a lot of weight to lose. I don’t plan to veer off the 800 calories too often. I see you have lost 30 kg. well done. Was it all achieved on the blood sugar diet?

• posted by cmawp
    on

That’s ok, it’s sounds like you’ve made a good start to your BSD. Keep up the good work.

Thanks for the kind words. All of my weight loss has been on the BSD. I’ve been amazed by the speed of the loss, never did I think I’d lose 30Kg in 23 weeks. With only a few Kg to go, I’m still figuring out what maintenance might look like. I’m not in a rush, I’ve never felt so in control of my weight, so I’m happy to figure things out slowly.

• posted by bigeater
    on

Congratulations! You are an inspiration. I checked out your profile and see you went up to 1000 for a time. I think that is very sensible and I think I will follow your plan! I am totally committed to the diet and hope I have the speedy results you have attained.

Please log in or register to post a reply.